Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KOMO 4 friday nite news story, MOMS DEMAND ACTION.

KOMO 4 friday nite news story, MOMS DEMAND ACTION.

I saw on the 5pm news on Komo on friday, that there is a new anti gun group here in Seattle, and they are walking around greenlake every friday morning at 10am, so the story said.

Here is their website

http://momsdemandaction.org/

In the news story/video it was mostly moms and grandmothers and there only seem to be 10 of them.

This kind of protest on their website is called Strollerjam.

Banned
    These moms never read the 2nd amendment ... I would tell them to drop dead.

"how many rounds?" .. well, a lot

You don't like it? Move to china. Just because you are a mommy does not mean squat ...

Would they flip their lid if they saw a few people pushing strollers with guns on their hips?

I wonder if the "grandma" who threatened to serve SVG cyanide laced cookies is going to be at "strollerjam"
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I wonder if the "grandma" who threatened to serve SVG cyanide laced cookies is going to be at "strollerjam"
    Missed the memo somewhere here...

What was this story about?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    She was speaking to Bad Karma if I remember correctly, but she was talking about giving them to us all.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
    Would they flip their lid if they saw a few people pushing strollers with guns on their hips?
    It would be awesome to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_VS_ACME View Post
    Missed the memo somewhere here...

What was this story about?
    Oh a few of us were at an anti rights rally in Seattle a few months ago, a march actually, organized by WA ceasefire, from 3rd and Pine to Seattle center. So there was a group of older women who had some kind of banner like "grandmas for reseasonable restrictions" or something like that I can't remember.

And so one of those ladies made some remark about serving open carriers with poisonous cookies, I thought she threatenend SVG specifically,but it appears it was badkarma she said it to
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

So threatening to poison people with cyanide is somehow OK, but a legally carried handgun is not? Talk about hypocrites.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

<snip>... and they are walking around greenlake every friday morning at 10am, so the story said.

Restrict Rollerjamm to 10 rounds or less.
    Last edited by Batousaii; 04-15-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Batousaii View Post
    Restrict Rollerjamm to 10 rounds or less.
    If a cookie has more than 10 chocolate chips in it, is it high capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    So threatening to poison people with cyanide is somehow OK, but a legally carried handgun is not? Talk about hypocrites.
    Bingo.

The people there did not even know what they wanted. They were whining about this and crying about that. Most if not all of them could not even answer simple questions about the signs they were holding up.

What is an assault weapon? None of the ones I talked to had a clue.
    Then I had to tell them that assault rifles were already banned in Washington.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I'd probably of gone into smartaleck mode just to annoy her more:

Me: Ma'am, your hypocrisy is showing. Might wanna yank yer fly....
    Last edited by tannerwaterbury; 04-15-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Moms demanding action lead to husbands wanting a divorce. Lose the baby weight first honey.

Oh yeah, take responsibility for the safety of your OWN family. Safety starts... at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Moms demanding action lead to husbands wanting a divorce. Lose the baby weight first honey.

Oh yeah, take responsibility for the safety of your OWN family. Safety starts... at home.
    Dave, are you actually a *******, or are you merely emulating one?--I know, I know, I should show Dick some respect

Maybe there's a way we can both go about this more constructively...or not:

We should start a Green Lake Saturday morning walk group. It's a little over three miles around. Nice coffee shop over there that serves yummy truffles.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Dave, are you actually a *******, or are you merely emulating one?--I know, I know, I should show Dick some respect

Maybe there's a way we can both go about this more constructively...or not:

We should start a Green Lake Saturday morning walk group. It's a little over three miles around. Nice coffee shop over there that serves yummy truffles.
    I'd rather have a bad sense of humor, than no sense of humor. :P

Same here.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 06:07 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned
    These moms are killing more people than guns...with their brownies, cakes, puddings, etc...

BAN MOMS !

No. It isn't OK to threaten someone. It's a crime.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    No. It isn't OK to threaten someone. It's a crime.
    Get that stuff recorded and press charges.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    She was speaking to Bad Karma if I remember correctly, but she was talking about giving them to us all.
    Yep. it was the Raging Grannies. http://www.seattleraginggrannies.com/
    The one on the left threatened me.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Yep. it was the Raging Grannies. http://www.seattleraginggrannies.com/
    The one on the left threatened me.
    A known Nazi collaborator ....

These kinds of mothers and grandmothers are some of the reason why we have kids killing people these days.

They never let them lose at anything and make them feel like winners at all they do while growing up and they can do no wrong. Well when those children get out in the world and find out you will fail and nobody looks at them like mom or grandma does then they want to lash out in violence.

Part of growing up is learning to deal with failing.

Wake up and teach your children something. When the child commits a violent act they will find something to blame it on besides themselves.

While my boy was a cub scout, i was admonished by another parent for stating that second place was 'first loser'. Coddling children is a failed strategy for adult life. There are winners and losers, period.

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&W View Post
    While my boy was a cub scout, i was admonished by another parent for stating that second place was 'first loser'. Coddling children is a failed strategy for adult life. There are winners and losers, period.
    There are children who have abnormally low self-esteem who do need that sort of coddling. Unfortunately, for reasons I've never understood, the mindset has grown among professional educators that ALL children need to be coddled that way. So behavioral therapy that makes a low-self esteem kid normal turns normal kids into egomaniacs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast