• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aldie/South Riding

scouser

How do you go about the whole GFSZ situation because there are some schools to get to and from.

That's a federal law, someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the US Supreme Court rule in Mack & Printz vs US in 1997 that "The majority arrives at the conclusion that allowing the Federal government to draft the police officers of the 50 states into its service would increase its powers far beyond what the Constitution intends".

In other words you're going to need a federal LEO to enforce a federal gun free zone, it's out of the jurisdiction of local & state.

Mike_James

That's a federal law, someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the US Supreme Court rule in Mack & Printz vs US in 1997 that "The majority arrives at the conclusion that allowing the Federal government to draft the police officers of the 50 states into its service would increase its powers far beyond what the Constitution intends".

In other words you're going to need a federal LEO to enforce a federal gun free zone, it's out of the jurisdiction of local & state.

If you could give a cute that would be awesome.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

That would be "cite" and he did. The CFSZ is one of the most odious, repugnant, and confusing laws that is out there trying to affect what people who choose to carry have to think about. Search around on this or any other gun website and you're going to find a lot of discussion on this mess of a statute. It is one of the two best reasons to acquire a CHP so that you can avoid any pretense, or otherwise, of running afoul of this bastardization of a law.

Best thing to do is not to worry about it, make sure you don't break any other laws or cause a commotion, and just go about your business as usual. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this, but I don't recall having ever seen or heard of anyone in Virginia being charged with violating this federal law.

And by the way, we're glad you choose to "come out of the closet" and join us. Good to have you here.

scouser

Actually he did by citing the relevant case = Mack & Printz vs US

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-1478.ZO.html

I understand that i was just hoping for lines from the case that's all :banghead:

Here, let me repeat exactly the same words, but with extra formatting

That's a federal law, someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the US Supreme Court rule in Mack & Printz vs US in 1997 that
Supreme Court of the USA said:
"The majority arrives at the conclusion that allowing the Federal government to draft the police officers of the 50 states into its service would increase its powers far beyond what the Constitution intends"

Those marks on the page in red are quotation marks, indicating that what is between them is a quote. I already offered you a cite, I already offered a quote, as for something "cute" might I suggest a search on youtube for kitten videos :).

I couldn't give you a link to the case because I got my information from a book, from which I quoted the most relevent part of the Court's decision. To quote more would mean me typing more. Please accept my apologies for not spending more of my time copying out text from a book but right now I have more pressing matters consuming my waking moments. Might I suggest following the link Grapeshot offered which should provide you with a lot of details on the case enabling you to decide for yourself which parts are most relevent. I sincerely hope you find the information you're looking for.

Mike_James

Here, let me repeat exactly the same words, but with extra formatting

Those marks on the page in red are quotation marks, indicating that what is between them is a quote. I already offered you a cite, I already offered a quote, as for something "cute" might I suggest a search on youtube for kitten videos :).

I couldn't give you a link to the case because I got my information from a book, from which I quoted the most relevent part of the Court's decision. To quote more would mean me typing more. Please accept my apologies for not spending more of my time copying out text from a book but right now I have more pressing matters consuming my waking moments. Might I suggest following the link Grapeshot offered which should provide you with a lot of details on the case enabling you to decide for yourself which parts are most relevent. I sincerely hope you find the information you're looking for.

Yes I did thank you kind sir