• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member - and a few OC reports

Mantioch

Good evening! I'm a new member here on OpenCarry and today I OC'ed for the very first time. My wife is very supportive and is going for her CCDW soon (I have my class on the 21st). She just told me not to get myself locked up, she'd miss me for coffee tonight :)

So, first stop was the new Cabela's to buy a holster for my wife's .38. I knew it would be pretty easy to OC there, so it seemed like a natural place to start. Lots of people, half a dozen LEOs and zero issues. Next stop was Target over on Westport road. OC'ed through the store and seen by several associates and lots of customers with no issues or comments except a compliment on my Under Armor golf shirt.

The last stop for the night was Starbucks in Holiday Manor. No issues from anyone, but I am very well known by all of the staff there since it is my neighborhood Starbucks and we are constantly there. I'm honestly not sure if anyone noticed!

-Chris

Flounder

Congrats! As someone who has recently started to OC in Louisville, I am glad to hear that there will be even more. If you look at the OC events post a few down, there are a few people going to meet-up and go to the zoo. I am trying to figure out my schedule and attend, you should if you can, would be good to meet like minded folk I would think.

Last edited: