Thread: OC at Conventions?

OC at Conventions?

Well this coming August is a Star Trek convention in Seattle, and I feel like dressing up. Has anyone here ever OC'ed to a (insert genre here) Convention without hassle? I know that there are a lot of people that dress up and have prop guns, I was just wondering if anyone here has had an issue.

Did the Zombie one last Sept in Tacoma, the hotel said no real guns. It was embarrassing to see adults running around with plastic toys.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Did the Zombie one last Sept in Tacoma, the hotel said no real guns. It was embarrassing to see adults running around with plastic toys.
    Did they have anyone use Zip Ties? Or were they free to keep them in the holster as long as no one took them out?

I would go for the MadMax twelve gauge, but thats me. The six shooters are always a great look with jeans and a vest and the pink one should go to some female super hero type.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I would go for the MadMax twelve gauge, but thats me. The six shooters are always a great look with jeans and a vest and the pink one should go to some female super hero type.
    Perhaps a Lone Ranger costume with nickel-plated single action revolvers in the holsters?

Damn, now I'm considering the legality of making a phaser that fires real bullets...

Would probably have to be .22 short or .17 HMR, but you could slot a magazine into the grip and...

Hehehehehehe......

Maybe a tricked out AR pistol in a thigh rig? Extra lasers in different colors. I still like the shotgun, but there was that pistol grip, short barreled thumper in 40mm. Oh, those were the good times.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Did they have anyone use Zip Ties? Or were they free to keep them in the holster as long as no one took them out?
    I think the toy pistols were zip tied also.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    Perhaps a Lone Ranger costume with nickel-plated single action revolvers in the holsters?

Damn, now I'm considering the legality of making a phaser that fires real bullets...

Would probably have to be .22 short or .17 HMR, but you could slot a magazine into the grip and...

Hehehehehehe......
    Like an Original Series Phaser pistol? That would be wicked! I'd definitely buy it! Matter of fact, I have a pro preassembled working phaser prop made from metal... maybe some sort of conversion can take place? Oh yeah... I am a Geek!
    Last edited by tannerwaterbury; 04-16-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
    Well this coming August is a Star Trek convention in Seattle, and I feel like dressing up. Has anyone here ever OC'ed to a (insert genre here) Convention without hassle? I know that there are a lot of people that dress up and have prop guns, I was just wondering if anyone here has had an issue.
    They are to be ignored....

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE3
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Maybe a tricked out AR pistol in a thigh rig? Extra lasers in different colors. I still like the shotgun, but there was that pistol grip, short barreled thumper in 40mm. Oh, those were the good times.
    I saw this recently, and it occurs to me that it would make an AR pistol a LOT easier to holster...at least for southpaws:

http://www.lawtactical.com/product_p/2012201.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    I saw this recently, and it occurs to me that it would make an AR pistol a LOT easier to holster...at least for southpaws:

http://www.lawtactical.com/product_p/2012201.htm
    Would that not then be a SBR?

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    haaaa!