Thread: Ferris State SCC

Ferris State SCC

On Thursday I was interviewed for an article the school paper was going to do about the empty holster protest last week. I ended up making the front page of the local paper and should be in the school newspaper this week. I'll make sure to post a link to the school paper article when it comes out. I think it comes out every thursday. I'm excited about this. I've been getting positive feedback so far about carry on campus. Hopefully we can make a difference.

Local article: http://news.pioneergroup.com/bigrapi...ndguns-on-hip/ (Does require payment to read whole article)
    Last edited by xmanhockey7; 04-15-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Poll has crazy amount of votes
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Ferris State SCC

Poll has been pwnt!

89% says yes.
    Last edited by TheQ; 04-15-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Now it is at 94% YES

Ferris State SCC

Quote Originally Posted by mi_xd View Post
    now it is at 94% yes
    pwnt!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Article featuring yours truly in the Ferris Torch. I was surprised when I saw the number of new likes on our Facebook page but this is probably why.

http://www.fsutorch.com/2013/04/24/n...rry-on-campus/
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Article featuring yours truly in the Ferris Torch. I was surprised when I saw the number of new likes on our Facebook page but this is probably why.

http://www.fsutorch.com/2013/04/24/n...rry-on-campus/
    Just read the paper article just wondering why no carry in class room or was that a miss quote.

Quote Originally Posted by mirussell View Post
    Just read the paper article just wondering why no carry in class room or was that a miss quote.
    Was wondering the same thing...but I thought it might be a "misquote"...jk
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Ferris State SCC

The major*ity of polled Ferris stu*dents agree with Walsh, as eight out of 10 stu*dents did not have seri*ous con*cerns of a stu*dent car*ry*ing a con*cealed weapon on uni*ver*sity grounds.

Did they use our rigged online poll?

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    The major*ity of polled Ferris stu*dents agree with Walsh, as eight out of 10 stu*dents did not have seri*ous con*cerns of a stu*dent car*ry*ing a con*cealed weapon on uni*ver*sity grounds.

Did they use our rigged online poll?
    No idea what you're talking about. There was some online poll that was more like 94%.