Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...6pLid%3D298640

Two explosions, seconds apart, at the Boston Marathon finish line. Several hurt including at least one cop.

No additional info as this happened ~ 3 PM - less than 30 minutes ago.

Let's see how long it takes for blame to be placed on those older white guys bitterly clinging to their guns and Bibles.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I don't want to speculate on anything, this will be just like Sandy Hook media wise, they're going to say at least 50 versions with 23 different suspects carrried out 129 ways and three months from now we still won't be able to sort all the crap from the truth....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Boston PD are now saying two confirmed dead, 23 injured.

I have a friend who is an OC'er in Virginia that was running the race, waiting to hear that he's okay.

Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

NBC reporting that Pennsylvania Ave. (White House) has been closed to pedestrian traffic since the blast and one military on scene in Boston described it as "like an IED."

Out the gate there's going to be a bunch of 'information' coming in.

If there are more devices, hopefully they get hold of them.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Wonder what's going on lately?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN live (watching them all) are still reporting 2 dead, 23 injured. Nothing else new coming out other than of the injured several lost limbs at the explosion site.

Added: CNN now reporting 28 injured based on actual count of admissions at two hospitals.
    Last edited by Glockster; 04-15-2013 at 04:35 PM.

NBC interview at the hospital, claims 6 critical, 19 wounded, two dead.

Man's legs blown off.

Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identifie

Scroll down at one of the videos of this link, and it looks like shrapnel hit the guys leg, and nearly cut it off, or broke it.

Boston Globe reporting that two other devices have been found and were being dismantled as of two minutes ago. They still show the same count of 2 and 28: http://live.boston.com/Event/Live_bl..._Copley_Square

NBC reporting that the National Guard has been called up for NYC.

I'm listening to KOMO news radio (AM 1000, seattle news station) they just stated on air that the FBI has confirmed this is a bomb (as we all knew already) but now it's confirmed no natural gas burst or transformer explosion or any of that.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Live Boston PD Commissioner brief confirms that a third device exploded by a library, also confirms that these were in fact bombs. Not confirming deaths or injuries.

Added: Now saying that they blew up that third device, but confirmed that it was in fact a third bomb.
    Last edited by Glockster; 04-15-2013 at 05:02 PM.

*snippers* Let's see how long it takes for blame to be placed on those older white guys bitterly clinging to their guns and Bibles.

stay safe.

Of course it's not a conspiracy:

The Contract from America was the idea of Houston-based lawyer Ryan Hecker. He stated that he developed the concept of creating a grassroots call for reform prior to the April 15, 2009, Tax Day Tea Party rallies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

On April 14, 1865, Lincoln was assassinated while attending a play at Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C. Actor John Wilkes Booth shot him in the back of the head before jumping onto the stage and escaping to Maryland. Lincoln died on April 15th. http://americanhistory.about.com/od/...p/plincoln.htm
    On this day. 1861: Needing cash during the Civil War, President Lincoln signed the Revenue Act, imposing the first federal income tax. Lincoln asked for the first federal income tax — a 3 percent surcharge on income — because he recognized that Americans needed to pay for their wars.http://theweek.com/article/index/242...story-april-15
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Just heard live on the air, injured count 100 people now.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Local NJ news stations are reporting that LE have a person of interest in custody, The person is being guarded in a local hospital.

CCJ

Two bits it's a domestic terrorist issue, not abroad.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 04-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...9uC2PDGIjYBalO

Cellphones are shutdown for their use as remote detonator controls, well practiced in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran ...
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.

The race was dedicated to the Sandy Hook victims and the city marked the 238th annual Patriot's Day, commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15...#ixzz2QZSTMbdL

DaBlase reported that Sandy Hook families were invited to reviewing stands at the finish line.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    The race was dedicated to the Sandy Hook victims and the city marked the 238th annual Patriot's Day, commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord at the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15...#ixzz2QZSTMbdL
    Ok, so now we are going to need a background check to buy a bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by jegoodin View Post
    Ok, so now we are going to need a background check to buy a bomb?
    And, or, a ticket for a major sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Local NJ news stations are reporting that LE have a person of interest in custody, The person is being guarded in a local hospital.

CCJ
    ABC news just recieved a statement from Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis

"We have no suspect in custody, we're interviewing many people as of now, but no suspect is in police custody"

Also ABC reports that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (and really big fires) is talking to a "person of interest"
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 04-15-2013 at 06:03 PM.

NRA Member

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast