• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

EMNofSeattle

Local NJ news stations are reporting that LE have a person of interest in custody, The person is being guarded in a local hospital.

CCJ

ABC news just recieved a statement from Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis

"We have no suspect in custody, we're interviewing many people as of now, but no suspect is in police custody"

Also ABC reports that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (and really big fires) is talking to a "person of interest"

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

IMO anybody who makes outrageous claims this soon needs to either back the claims up, or be labeled as a disgusting troll trying to forward their agenda.

WalkingWolf

ABC news just recieved a statement from Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis

"We have no suspect in custody, we're interviewing many people as of now, but no suspect is in police custody"

Also ABC reports that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (and really big fires) is talking to a "person of interest"

The radio station reported they had a person in custody, but that could just mean they have a witness.

EMNofSeattle

I'm listening live to the Boston Police Radio scanner.

They're moving witnesses to talk to detectives at "The District 4 community room" and another transmission was to "direct the FBI to district 4, detectives are taking statements"

Edit 3:10 pacific standard time

Obama is now speaking....

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

ABC update, apparently they're looking for bombs with trip wires.

also Boston Police have finished setting up a temporary command post, Two police officers are being dispatched to check out an abandoned laptop case.

a CBS reporter is being brought to the CP....

scouser

whoever is responsible, whatever their motive, words escape me. I grew up in a country where, and at a time when, indiscrimate use of booby trap bombs was a constant threat and remember the panic and carnage they caused.
I suppose for most people in this country April 15 has always just been associated with taxes, for people from my home city it's had a more tragic significance for the past 24 years. With my favorite sports team being owned by Boston based Fenway Sports Group, they posted the following on their website today http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-issues-message-of-support-to-boston.
My heart goes out to those affected by today's tragic events.

countryclubjoe

On a day when Americans are honoring bravery and patriotism this cowardly act will have lasting affects on all Americans.

Sad sad day.

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Lots of Catholics in Boston ... see....that Army guy was right! Catholics are terrorists.

Its hard to catch bombers...

Unknown why the guy did it...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

The mighty fedgov with all its post-9/11 expansion and security theater couldn't prevent this tragedy. Some whoppers I heard on the radio:

Prez: "We will find whoever did this...they will feel the full weight of justice." Hahahahahahahaaa!! Yeah, right. There are CCTV cameras Big Brothering people all over Boston, supposedly to prevent this stuff, and now he's going to change his tune and try to catch them. Suuuure.

"The full resources of the federal government are being used to help the police in Boston." Yeah, right. Any excuse to expand federal power.

Congressmen and senators (paraphrase), "Lets observe a moment of silence and pray for the victims." Hahahhahahahaahaaaa!!! Yeah, right. You expect me to believe you suddenly care about them now when you've been stealing their money and regulating to asphixitian your entire term? No possible twisting of the general welfare clause or the necessary and proper clause can justify driving the so-called national debt to the moon and saddling taxpayers with it, but suddenly you're all concerned about them when they become victims of a terrorist bombing? BS BS BS!!!!!!

Some poor Saudi national "looked suspicious" and was not arrested but is in custody. Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaaa!!! Yeah, right. How exactly did we arrive at the Orwellian situation where you can be in custody for questioning but not arrested? Poor guy. If he's innocent, I hope he sues the pants off whoever tackled him and beat him.

There was so much garbage flying, I couldn't keep up--done forgot several others.

Last edited:

MikeTheGreek

Westboro Baptist Church claims the bombings in Boston are in reaction to the gay community and abortion rights that happen in the United States, and is already planing to picket the funerals.

What...in....the...f**k :banghead:

ADobbs1989

Westboro Baptist Church claims the bombings in Boston are in reaction to the gay community and abortion rights that happen in the United States, and is already planing to picket the funerals.

What...in....the...f**k :banghead:

I wish someone would bomb them.

sudden valley gunner

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

The mighty fedgov with all its post-9/11 expansion and security theater couldn't prevent this tragedy. Some whoppers I heard on the radio:

Prez: "We will find whoever did this...they will feel the full weight of justice." Hahahahahahahaaa!! Yeah, right. There are CCTV cameras Big Brothering people all over Boston, supposedly to prevent this stuff, and now he's going to change his tune and try to catch them. Suuuure.

"The full resources of the federal government are being used to help the police in Boston." Yeah, right. Any excuse to expand federal power.

Congressmen and senators (paraphrase), "Lets observe a moment of silence and pray for the victims." Hahahhahahahaahaaaa!!! Yeah, right. You expect me to believe you suddenly care about them now when you've been stealing their money and regulating to asphixitian your entire term? No possible twisting of the general welfare clause or the necessary and proper clause can justify driving the so-called national debt to the moon and saddling taxpayers with it, but suddenly you're all concerned about them when they become victims of a terrorist bombing? BS BS BS!!!!!!

Some poor Saudi national "looked suspicious" and was not arrested but is in custody. Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaaa!!! Yeah, right. How exactly did we arrive at the Orwellian situation where you can be in custody for questioning but not arrested? Poor guy. If he's innocent, I hope he sues the pants off whoever tackled him and beat him.

There was so much garbage flying, I couldn't keep up--done forgot several others.

Notice the Presidents subtle tactics in saying things like we are not Republicans or Democrats we are Americans.....setting up you are not a patriot you are not American for not going along with the upcoming infringements on your liberties.

ron73440

Notice the Presidents subtle tactics in saying things like we are not Republicans or Democrats we are Americans.....setting up you are not a patriot you are not American for not going along with the upcoming infringements on your liberties.

Relax, I'm sure it will only be "common sense restrictions.":rolleyes:

Last edited: