• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

EMNofSeattle

I don't want to speculate on anything, this will be just like Sandy Hook media wise, they're going to say at least 50 versions with 23 different suspects carrried out 129 ways and three months from now we still won't be able to sort all the crap from the truth....

Glockster

Boston PD are now saying two confirmed dead, 23 injured.

I have a friend who is an OC'er in Virginia that was running the race, waiting to hear that he's okay.

Glockster

NBC reporting that Pennsylvania Ave. (White House) has been closed to pedestrian traffic since the blast and one military on scene in Boston described it as "like an IED."

Beretta92FSLady

Out the gate there's going to be a bunch of 'information' coming in.

If there are more devices, hopefully they get hold of them.

Last edited:

Glockster

NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN live (watching them all) are still reporting 2 dead, 23 injured. Nothing else new coming out other than of the injured several lost limbs at the explosion site.

Added: CNN now reporting 28 injured based on actual count of admissions at two hospitals.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

NBC interview at the hospital, claims 6 critical, 19 wounded, two dead.

Man's legs blown off.

[video=youtube_share;cAHO_27YQik]http://youtu.be/cAHO_27YQik[/video]

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I'm listening to KOMO news radio (AM 1000, seattle news station) they just stated on air that the FBI has confirmed this is a bomb (as we all knew already) but now it's confirmed no natural gas burst or transformer explosion or any of that.

Glockster

Live Boston PD Commissioner brief confirms that a third device exploded by a library, also confirms that these were in fact bombs. Not confirming deaths or injuries.

Added: Now saying that they blew up that third device, but confirmed that it was in fact a third bomb.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

*snippers* Let's see how long it takes for blame to be placed on those older white guys bitterly clinging to their guns and Bibles.
uhoh.gif

stay safe.

Of course it's not a conspiracy:

The Contract from America was the idea of Houston-based lawyer Ryan Hecker. He stated that he developed the concept of creating a grassroots call for reform prior to the April 15, 2009, Tax Day Tea Party rallies http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement

On April 14, 1865, Lincoln was assassinated while attending a play at Ford's Theater in Washington, D.C. Actor John Wilkes Booth shot him in the back of the head before jumping onto the stage and escaping to Maryland. Lincoln died on April 15th. http://americanhistory.about.com/od/abrahamlincoln/p/plincoln.htm

On this day. 1861: Needing cash during the Civil War, President Lincoln signed the Revenue Act, imposing the first federal income tax. Lincoln asked for the first federal income tax — a 3 percent surcharge on income — because he recognized that Americans needed to pay for their wars.http://theweek.com/article/index/242729/today-in-history-april-15

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

Local NJ news stations are reporting that LE have a person of interest in custody, The person is being guarded in a local hospital.

CCJ

jegoodin