• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Never liked Bieber but am leaning toward not hating him

SFCRetired

It's a thing called "Respect". Bieber evidently does not have it nor, in all probability, will he ever understand the concept.

And I do not think the shade of Anne Frank would have been even remotely amused.

If you have never done so, go visit the sites of some of the former concentration camps. I would suggest Dachau, just outside Munich, as a starting place. Then, by all means, go to Auschwitz. Look at the pictures they have on display. Then tell me Justin Bieber was even remotely correct in what he did.

I have no respect for him as an "artist" or, at this point, as a human being. And I do not think that those of us who have seen those places I mentioned are the ones who need to "grow up".

Beretta92FSLady

There's a time and a place for that type of funniness. It doesn't belong in a place dedicated to a young girl who was exterminated at a Nazi camp.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hopefully she would have been a belieber

Because I am so freakingly more important, right here, right now, in this place, than the person who this place is dedicated to. And because I am so freakingly more important than focusing on why this person and this place exist.

Have I missed anything?

stay safe.

Steeler-gal

He clearly just doesn't have a clue and is a completely selfish self-centered child.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's called respect. Perhaps in 70 years someone will mock your memory ya putz.

I just thought the story was funny ..

I just highlighted a news article .. I did not write it or make it a story ...

heck I don't have to wait 70 yrs .. they do it while I'm still alive ! Super-putz. lol

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's a thing called "Respect". Bieber evidently does not have it nor, in all probability, will he ever understand the concept.

And I do not think the shade of Anne Frank would have been even remotely amused.

If you have never done so, go visit the sites of some of the former concentration camps. I would suggest Dachau, just outside Munich, as a starting place. Then, by all means, go to Auschwitz. Look at the pictures they have on display. Then tell me Justin Bieber was even remotely correct in what he did.

I have no respect for him as an "artist" or, at this point, as a human being. And I do not think that those of us who have seen those places I mentioned are the ones who need to "grow up".

Dang, I was not that harsh on the kid ... it was 50 yrs before he was born ... maybe he thinks it never happened .. who knows ... hopefully he has learned a little bit about the war.

SFCRetired

Dang, I was not that harsh on the kid ... it was 50 yrs before he was born ... maybe he thinks it never happened .. who knows ... hopefully he has learned a little bit about the war.

I doubt that he has, or will, learn anything about the war. Was I harsh on him? Since I've walked through Dachau, yes, I was, and will continue to be, harsh on nitwits like him.

Beiber is another one of those who, because they are "celebrities", think the ordinary rules of good behavior and proper decorum do not apply to them. Unfortunately, there are those of our countrymen who are all too willing to listen to the pronouncements of twits like him, and treat those pronouncements as gospel, just because they are "celebrities" and make tons of money.

Remember the stories of the celebrities bouncing on the Lincoln bed in the White House during the term of Clinton?

EMNofSeattle

Obviously a screw up and in bad taste, but I've said things in bad taste too in the past, as I'm sure everyone has....

I won't tell you how many times in High School I heard jokes like "how many jews can ride in a VW? <punchline> 10, 2 in front, 2 in back, 6 in ashtray"

that being one example, another joke I frequently heard (and regrettably retold at least once) "it's not cool to be racist, without them how would they get the cotton for my shirt?"

Is what Bieber said really that bad relatively speaking? maybe so because he's high profile..... But let's not be too harsh, we'll have an apology by tommorow morning, and Bieber doesn't have a history of being insentive or a shock jock type.......