Thread: Ras

Ras

So my Google machine does seem to be cooperating tonight. Can someone please point me to the RAS Statutes?

Well,,,

Sooo I wont look it up and cite it for you,
    Please read the ruling from 1968,, Terry Vs. Ohio.
    this is what you seek.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

And,,,

A Case big in measuring and restricting cops rights, is Florida Vs. J.L.
    A Case about driving and keeping the cops out of your hair, is peters Vs. ????cant recall.
    And there is good one to stop papers please stops, Hieble Vs. ???again.
    Wow I do feel uneducated now...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Ras

Thank you. I will read it. One more question...because I am not an expert (probably don't even meet novice standards) I've heard the term "Case Law". Does a ruling in Ohio hold weight in other states, like NV for example?

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by njkennelly View Post
    Thank you. I will read it. One more question...because I am not an expert (probably don't even meet novice standards) I've heard the term "Case Law". Does a ruling in Ohio hold weight in other states, like NV for example?
    Real case law is made at scotus,,, but it came from a state, thus the name, terry Vs. Ohio, now it applies to all states!
    All the cases in my posts are scotus, they apply to all!

So my Google machine does seem to be cooperating tonight. Can someone please point me to the RAS Statutes?
    If my memory is not defunct the NRS you are looking for is NRS 171.123 It is derived from "TERRY"

NRS 171.123  Temporary detention by peace officer
    of person suspected of criminal behavior or of violating conditions of parole or
    probation: Limitations.

1.  Any peace officer may detain any person whom the
    officer encounters under circumstances which reasonably indicate that the person
    has committed, is committing or is about to commit a crime.

2.  Any peace officer may detain any person the officer
    encounters under circumstances which reasonably indicate that the person has
    violated or is violating the conditions of the person’s parole or probation.

3.  The officer may detain the person pursuant to this
    section only to ascertain the person’s identity and the suspicious circumstances
    surrounding the person’s presence abroad. Any person so detained shall identify
    himself or herself, but may not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of any
    peace officer.

4.  A person must not be detained longer than is
    reasonably necessary to effect the purposes of this section, and in no event
    longer than 60 minutes. The detention must not extend beyond the place or the
    immediate vicinity of the place where the detention was first effected, unless
    the person is arrested.

(Added to NRS by 1969, 535; A 1973, 597; 1975, 1200;
    1987, 1172; 1995, 2068)
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Banned
    It could even w/o a SCOTUS case .... would hold more weight if NV is silent on this issue examined

Ras

Very good info gentlemen. Thank you.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    A state court ruling only hold in that state.

A Federal District court ruling holds in that District and no others.

Courts in other states may take "judicial notice" of a ruling from another court in making a ruling, but the other court has no authority.

A US Supreme Court decision holds in the United States and all possessions (including embassies, consulates, military bases, etc).