Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston Blast, Cop with gun drawn for no threat. Who's he gonna shoot? Great photo.

Boston Blast, Cop with gun drawn for no threat. Who's he gonna shoot? Great photo.

I'm gonna give this one to the cop. If I was a LEO and just witnessed two bombs going off, I would have my weapon drawn too. At least she has the weapon to her side and pointed in a safe direction without her finger on the trigger. Looks acceptable to me.

Banned
    As a civilian (and if no cops were present) I'd be drawing too.

A bomb has just gone off. There are casualties already. I don't know that the threat has dissipated. No one will find a holstered gun on my dead body under such circumstances.

I don't see the officer having any less right to draw than I.

However, if cops are present, NO WAY! They could easily mistake me for the threat!

I happened to be on the range when word of this broke. I'd stepped off to get another target when a news report came on (a repeat, I didn't catch the first one) so it was quite easy for me to project my thoughts as to what actions I'd take in that situation.

Those thoughts were to help the injured and stabilize the situation. I've heard enough about these sorts of attacks to know the perpetrator isn't going to be standing in the crowd to observe his handiwork. If the bomber isn't wearing an explosive laden vest then he doesn't want to be associated with his actions (that he may continue them another day) and won't be in the close vicinity.

We revert to our training when something like this happens, either you look to help or you look to shoot someone.

(edit) I suppose there could have been a group wanting to martyr themselves, but that doesn't seem to fit the pattern in western countries where grenades and automatic weapons don't seem to be sold on every street corner and bazaar. It also doesn't fit the occasion, this was a protest on a specific day, not a random day such as either of the World Trade Center attacks were.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    As a civilian...........
    A bomb has just gone off.........
    There are casualties already...........
    I don't know that the threat has dissipated........
    However, if cops are present, NO WAY! They could easily mistake me for the threat!
    No, this would make me a definitive target for already nervous LEOs.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Founder's Club Member
    (chuckle) No threat that can be handled with a gun--no reason to draw the gun. When all you have is a hammer, ever problem looks like a nail. Cops. Phfffft.

Of course, the old saw that you revert to your training applies. The cop was prolly thinking about wrong-address home invasions SWAT raids: when the flash-bang goes off, charge in ready to shoot.

So, now we know about their training. <boom> Get ready to shoot!

Transformers and gas explosions are far more common in this country.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I think the title in the OP should say, who is she gonna shoot.

Whoa an explosion just occurred. Better draw my gun!

No threat, no target, lots of bystanders. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by HyDef View Post
    I think the title in the OP should say, who is she gonna shoot.
    Really? I thought he looks quite like Thomas 'Tom Cruise' Mapother IV, particularly in Bahhston, home of the yankee-metrosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I happened to be on the range when word of this broke. I'd stepped off to get another target when a news report came on (a repeat, I didn't catch the first one) so it was quite easy for me to project my thoughts as to what actions I'd take in that situation.

Those thoughts were to help the injured and stabilize the situation. I've heard enough about these sorts of attacks to know the perpetrator isn't going to be standing in the crowd to observe his handiwork. If the bomber isn't wearing an explosive laden vest then he doesn't want to be associated with his actions (that he may continue them another day) and won't be in the close vicinity.

We revert to our training when something like this happens, either you look to help or you look to shoot someone.

(edit) I suppose there could have been a group wanting to martyr themselves, but that doesn't seem to fit the pattern in western countries where grenades and automatic weapons don't seem to be sold on every street corner and bazaar. It also doesn't fit the occasion, this was a protest on a specific day, not a random day such as either of the World Trade Center attacks were.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    (chuckle) No threat that can be handled with a gun--no reason to draw the gun. When all you have is a hammer, ever problem looks like a nail. Cops. Phfffft.

Of course, the old saw that you revert to your training applies. The cop was prolly thinking about wrong-address home invasions SWAT raids: when the flash-bang goes off, charge in ready to shoot.

Yes, I recently made a very long post about precisely this.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Really? I thought he looks quite like Thomas 'Tom Cruise' Mapother IV, particularly in Bahhston, home of the yankee-metrosexuals.
    Hah. She does.

So does Téa Leoni (go watch Jurassic Park III).
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-16-2013 at 04:13 PM.

But Marshaul her leather holster made her draw her gun~~Sorry I couldn't resist...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    But Marshaul her leather holster made her draw her gun~~Sorry I couldn't resist...
    Couldn't have been a leather holster, or we would be reading reports that it folded and shot her in the foot when she reholstered.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Like this poster's post !!!!! wrong address ... ROFL

Well, they were wearing their sunglasses ...

I'm sure it was kids fooling around after eating a dozen bean burritos ... seems to gotten outta hand slightly.

And no, I don't care about folks in Taxachucettes. They are anti-gunners.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2636 View Post
    cops know better then to wear leather holsters anymore. kinda like you wont catch many if any with revolvers
    http://rt.com/files/usa/news/boston-...fficers.si.jpg
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

12 out of how many in the nation. im sure some do still have leather like im sure some do still carry revolvers. looks like a ceremony of some sort so i could see why you would wear leather to look your best in garrison.
    Chicago police~http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vmpSO2BbYC...%26w%3D400.jpg
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Safariland holster. Its carbin fiber. Fail
    Prove it. The rest of the setup is also leather.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Another gun store expert~http://i.qkme.me/2swd.jpg
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Safariland LEATHER security holster~http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armsl...belt_w_640.jpg
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    --mod edited--
    Yea they do not look the sharpest, but then Obama is from Chicago what can ya expect.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-16-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

With the similarity between profile pictures, was anyone else wondering at first whether it was the same poster having a split personality and arguing with himself?

C'mon, you did... at least for a moment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast