• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scanning of CCW records to STOP!

WCEarp

Hank- SB252 by Senator Kraus will require the Department of Revenue to destroy all source documents collected after September 2012. It also removes the department from issuing ccw permits and leaves that to the sheriff's office.

MKEgal

...announced that the Department of Revenue will no longer scan or keep certificates of qualification for Missouri concealed carry permit holders...
The Department will continue scanning other documents from licence applicants...
He also said it was not storing such information in a database, but the Department’s spokespeople testified it was being retained in the state data center.
So he lied about the database,
and this change only affects one part of the application packet.
Why should people trust that he's telling the truth now?
And why do they need to scan any of the information? Look it over, make sure everything is there that should be, issue the license, shred the paperwork.

Redbaron007

This scanning and the MSHP requesting info, then distributing it to the SSA and BATF...stinks to high heaven. I gotta hunch we haven't seen the end of the lies to cover up everyone's rear-end.

With the resigning of the DOR Director, I hope there is enough in the air to keep pushing a complete exposure to all who were involved!

SavageOne

So, is Nixon saying they are going to fo away with the CCW permit card? According to his quote here, MO CCW holders would only have to show their drivers license if found with a concealed weapon. Does that mean we will only be offered an endorsement on our DLs from now on? Will a seperate endorsement card still be an option?

http://www.kspr.com/news/ky3-mo-rev...un-permits-20130416,0,4656803.story?track=rss

Richieg150

So, is Nixon saying they are going to fo away with the CCW permit card? According to his quote here, MO CCW holders would only have to show their drivers license if found with a concealed weapon. Does that mean we will only be offered an endorsement on our DLs from now on? Will a seperate endorsement card still be an option?

http://www.kspr.com/news/ky3-mo-rev...un-permits-20130416,0,4656803.story?track=rss

As of NOW, the seperate endorsement is still an option, or it was last week when a friend got their permit.

Broondog

and the saga continues.....

The Senate Appropriations Committee is showing its stern disapproval of the Department of Revenue by wiping out funding for its motor vehicle and driver’s license division. Columbia Republican Kurt Schaefer, chairman of that committee, followed through on his threat to slash the budget of the DOR after that department began requiring license offices to scan personal documents of residents applying for driver’s licenses and concealed carry weapon endorsements.

http://watchdog.org/80997/mo-senate-committee-zeroes-out-licensing-division-budget/

Jaysann22

When I learned of this awhile back I sent letters to everyone. Family friends, everyone to send letters and make calls to demand this to stop.

According to MO state law what the DOR was doing is already illegal.

I dont understand why there isnt a criminal investigation for all of this, especially since CCW holder information was already turned over from MO highway patrol police to DHS.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ay-patrol-gave-feds-concealed-carry-gun-data/

So far, the only solution they have come up with is to move CCW permit issuing from DOR to the MO Sheriffs office. But how does that fix our data scanning for licensing??

If they would just arrest all these people involved DOR, Highway Patorl, all the way up to Nixon, and indict them on criminal charges, i think this would be reversed quite quickly. I dont understand why any new legislation is needed to enforce something thats already illegal according to MO state law. If they're not following MO state law now why would they follow anything else?

I've sent letters to my legislators about this and I still havent gotten a straight answer....

Nothing has been done so far and it will all die down to a whimper after the legislative session is over and the politicians all go home. Am I being pessimistic?

John563

There still scanning in Warrensburg MO. A friend of took his paper work to Warrensburg DMV/DOR Firday for his CCW and they scanned it in. just thought I'd let you all know some have not got the word yet

kcgunfan

And it has passed the Senate and has a hearing in the House today. This is Missouri politics fit you, they sit on their hands until mid April, and then go into scramble mode. There's nothing at all unusual about it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kcgunfan

There still scanning in Warrensburg MO. A friend of took his paper work to Warrensburg DMV/DOR Firday for his CCW and they scanned it in. just thought I'd let you all know some have not got the word yet

Telling us does nothing. Your friend should tell his rep and senator, the state auditor, and Sen Brian Nieves office.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Jaysann22

Does anyone have any updates on this? Last I heard the governor was still sitting on the bill to transfer CCW to local sheriffs...