Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Scanning of CCW records to STOP!

  1. #1
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966

    Scanning of CCW records to STOP!

    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dardenne Prairie, MO
    Posts
    7
    My first questions about this - For those that were scanned between December and now (including me), what happens to those records? Is Nixon pushing for certification of the destruction of those?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    He also said it was not storing such information in a database


    LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

  4. #4
    Regular Member WCEarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Posts
    78
    Hank- SB252 by Senator Kraus will require the Department of Revenue to destroy all source documents collected after September 2012. It also removes the department from issuing ccw permits and leaves that to the sheriff's office.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    Not good enough. They need to stop scanning ALL documentation. Retention of those documents is not necessary for license issuance. Seeing them, yes. Retention, no.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  6. #6
    Regular Member MKEgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    in front of my computer, WI
    Posts
    4,426
    ...announced that the Department of Revenue will no longer scan or keep certificates of qualification for Missouri concealed carry permit holders...
    The Department will continue scanning other documents from licence applicants...
    He also said it was not storing such information in a database, but the Departmentís spokespeople testified it was being retained in the state data center.
    So he lied about the database,
    and this change only affects one part of the application packet.
    Why should people trust that he's telling the truth now?
    And why do they need to scan any of the information? Look it over, make sure everything is there that should be, issue the license, shred the paperwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Redbaron007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SW MO
    Posts
    1,637
    This scanning and the MSHP requesting info, then distributing it to the SSA and BATF...stinks to high heaven. I gotta hunch we haven't seen the end of the lies to cover up everyone's rear-end.

    With the resigning of the DOR Director, I hope there is enough in the air to keep pushing a complete exposure to all who were involved!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SEMO, , USA
    Posts
    578
    So, is Nixon saying they are going to fo away with the CCW permit card? According to his quote here, MO CCW holders would only have to show their drivers license if found with a concealed weapon. Does that mean we will only be offered an endorsement on our DLs from now on? Will a seperate endorsement card still be an option?

    http://www.kspr.com/news/ky3-mo-reve...tory?track=rss
    AUDE VIDE TACE

  9. #9
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    So, is Nixon saying they are going to fo away with the CCW permit card? According to his quote here, MO CCW holders would only have to show their drivers license if found with a concealed weapon. Does that mean we will only be offered an endorsement on our DLs from now on? Will a seperate endorsement card still be an option?

    http://www.kspr.com/news/ky3-mo-reve...tory?track=rss
    As of NOW, the seperate endorsement is still an option, or it was last week when a friend got their permit.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Broondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ste. Gen County, MO, , USA
    Posts
    369
    and the saga continues.....

    The Senate Appropriations Committee is showing its stern disapproval of the Department of Revenue by wiping out funding for its motor vehicle and driverís license division. Columbia Republican Kurt Schaefer, chairman of that committee, followed through on his threat to slash the budget of the DOR after that department began requiring license offices to scan personal documents of residents applying for driverís licenses and concealed carry weapon endorsements.
    http://watchdog.org/80997/mo-senate-...vision-budget/
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

    NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post


    Kick em in the wallet. I'm more than ok with that. Especially since I'm paying for it anyway. Hopefully it sticks.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  12. #12
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Broondog View Post
    When I learned of this awhile back I sent letters to everyone. Family friends, everyone to send letters and make calls to demand this to stop.

    According to MO state law what the DOR was doing is already illegal.

    I dont understand why there isnt a criminal investigation for all of this, especially since CCW holder information was already turned over from MO highway patrol police to DHS.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...arry-gun-data/

    So far, the only solution they have come up with is to move CCW permit issuing from DOR to the MO Sheriffs office. But how does that fix our data scanning for licensing??

    If they would just arrest all these people involved DOR, Highway Patorl, all the way up to Nixon, and indict them on criminal charges, i think this would be reversed quite quickly. I dont understand why any new legislation is needed to enforce something thats already illegal according to MO state law. If they're not following MO state law now why would they follow anything else?

    I've sent letters to my legislators about this and I still havent gotten a straight answer....

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    513
    Nothing has been done so far and it will all die down to a whimper after the legislative session is over and the politicians all go home. Am I being pessimistic?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Nothing has been done so far and it will all die down to a whimper after the legislative session is over and the politicians all go home. Am I being pessimistic?
    Yes, you are:

    http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_...illID=17663845

    And, as of right now, the budget for the DOR for the next year is $0.

  15. #15
    Regular Member J XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Whiteman,AFB
    Posts
    118
    There still scanning in Warrensburg MO. A friend of took his paper work to Warrensburg DMV/DOR Firday for his CCW and they scanned it in. just thought I'd let you all know some have not got the word yet
    Luke 22:36 :...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Yes, you are:

    http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_...illID=17663845

    And, as of right now, the budget for the DOR for the next year is $0.
    There are approx 3 weeks left in the session. At the rate of working 2 1/2 days per week that is only 7 1/2 days to get this and other bills passed.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: Scanning of CCW records to STOP!

    And it has passed the Senate and has a hearing in the House today. This is Missouri politics fit you, they sit on their hands until mid April, and then go into scramble mode. There's nothing at all unusual about it.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    1,012

    Re: Scanning of CCW records to STOP!

    Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    There still scanning in Warrensburg MO. A friend of took his paper work to Warrensburg DMV/DOR Firday for his CCW and they scanned it in. just thought I'd let you all know some have not got the word yet
    Telling us does nothing. Your friend should tell his rep and senator, the state auditor, and Sen Brian Nieves office.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Southern MO
    Posts
    513
    Quote Originally Posted by J XD View Post
    There still scanning in Warrensburg MO. A friend of took his paper work to Warrensburg DMV/DOR Firday for his CCW and they scanned it in. just thought I'd let you all know some have not got the word yet
    Have your friend fill out the form found at the URL below and mail it to the Osage County Sheriff. He is acting as a funnel for this problem.

    http://missourifamilynetwork.net/wp-...laint-Form.pdf

  20. #20
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Does anyone have any updates on this? Last I heard the governor was still sitting on the bill to transfer CCW to local sheriffs...

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    St Louis, Mo
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post
    Does anyone have any updates on this? Last I heard the governor was still sitting on the bill to transfer CCW to local sheriffs...
    As of about 20 minutes ago when I checked the website, he's still sitting on it.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

  22. #22
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    So from what I understand, the bill passed that will shift the CCW to the county Sheriffs office and is going to take effect this year, correct?

    Has anyone got any updates on this or have any experience with the new system?

    Has there been any conclusions to the investigations to this heinous treason against Missourians?

    Any Highway Patrol at least being fired for handing over confidential CCW information to DHS???

    Any justice at all?

    And it may be a little off topic, but what about driver licensing??

    That is also being illegally processed in MO as it is illegal data collection and MO DL issuances are being done by the DHS.

    Any word on what is being done about that? As it is just as illegal as the CCW scandal....

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysann22 View Post
    When I learned of this awhile back I sent letters to everyone. Family friends, everyone to send letters and make calls to demand this to stop.

    According to MO state law what the DOR was doing is already illegal.

    I dont understand why there isnt a criminal investigation for all of this, especially since CCW holder information was already turned over from MO highway patrol police to DHS.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...arry-gun-data/

    So far, the only solution they have come up with is to move CCW permit issuing from DOR to the MO Sheriffs office. But how does that fix our data scanning for licensing??

    If they would just arrest all these people involved DOR, Highway Patorl, all the way up to Nixon, and indict them on criminal charges, i think this would be reversed quite quickly. I dont understand why any new legislation is needed to enforce something thats already illegal according to MO state law. If they're not following MO state law now why would they follow anything else?

    I've sent letters to my legislators about this and I still havent gotten a straight answer....
    Best solution? Constitutional carry. No forms needed at all.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Jaysann22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Best solution? Constitutional carry. No forms needed at all.

    You're missing the point here....

    And that point is that law enforcement and agencies of government are breaking serious laws and nothing is being done about it.

    Whenever I ignore the law, I am prosecuted, but when law enforcement or government do it, its just shrugged off as if it never happened....

    This is an issue I am deeply concerned with as I find it severely disturbing....

    But Im starting to feel alone on this....
    Last edited by Jaysann22; 06-23-2014 at 03:43 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    He also said it was not storing such information in a database


    LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE
    Mon Ami it ees true, for around here we call them zee bases of datum. We know not the meaning of MS Access. We Excel at such knowledge. Trust us!
    Last edited by Maverick9; 06-23-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •