• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The MSHP Speaks

mechanicworkman

Agreed. We still need whoever actually gave them the list to be tried.

Well it seems with the amount of CCW holders in this state it would make a a great class action law suit. At this day in age the only way things change is when you can take money out of their pocket!
Then they will change their tune!

You start charging a class action law suit against everyone from the top down both personally and in their professional position. Those that knew but wern't involved will start giving up names quickly!

And now the information comes out that the ATF was involved by wanting a copy of the list and they got it. Seems that no one remembered to mention that during the hearings but was found in the boxes of correspondence from the DOR.

mechanicworkman

I have been following Brian Nieves on Facebook whom has been covering this subject as well as reading up on the many news articles but, then again the news articles seem to be very anti-gun written.

The problem merely starts when our own governor is supporting this ****. Who with true power is actually protecting the people?

I just got done reading an article where the governor is saying that this issue is only something to take the limelight away from other bigger issues like healthcare.-------Healthcare was ramrodded down the throats of the American people through backdoor deals.

Seems like i recall a vote with mattered very little with 70 something percent of Missourians against it!

Seriously how do people like this even get voted in? Land of the "Free home of the brave" ----since when? Not lately last i checked.

Scary to think like the little voices like my own and others like me on this form have to stand up against the all powerful government! Every time i think Missouri is just starting to head in the right direction we take one step forward and 3 steps back.

Jaysann22

Well it seems with the amount of CCW holders in this state it would make a a great class action law suit. At this day in age the only way things change is when you can take money out of their pocket!
Then they will change their tune!

You start charging a class action law suit against everyone from the top down both personally and in their professional position. Those that knew but wern't involved will start giving up names quickly!

I guess you could try but this is a criminal matter not a civil matter.

What these people and agencies did/are doing is completely and unarguably illegal in the State of MO. And it all goes up from the DOR, the MSHP, on up to the governor.

Its corruption and crime on such a massive scale I honestly think our MO Justice Department doesnt know how to handle it.....

They SHOULD all be arrested and indicted on charges. But they'd need a few paddy wagons and a large team of officers to move that many people. lol

Redbaron007

IIRC, the governor is now refusing to answer questions via a subpoena. The water may start getting a little bit more warm for the guvner! Stay tuned folks.....;)

OC for ME

Criminal and civil.

Criminal: Those who are involved in the release of the data.

Civil: Those who may be/have been harmed, the CCW holders, need to gain standing before the court to even get close to gaining relief in a civil proceeding.

Redbaron007

Interesting how the Gubbinor is now trying to sidetrack/reassign the blame to someone in the House. He and the Office of Information are now trying to do a misdirection on this.....they are now issuing requests to the SoTH to get records as to who 'tried' to get the info. The Guv is trying to get the media and everyone else to chase some rabbits......as of right now, no info was accessed through the House; they just 'tried' to get it.

I know KY3 here has sort of bitten on it...at least for now....

The question is, why did his office allow the MSHP to gather it; then why did he allow the DOR to do what they did. Come on Gubbinor....cough it up! :lol:

imneo1

I can't help but point out the obvious. The head of the MSHP said he doesn't know how all 163,000 permit holders names were released. To the 163,000 ccw permit holders-if you had all been open carriers this wouldn't have happened to you.

I'm assuming this was in jest? I hope.

Oramac

I'm assuming this was in jest? I hope.

Nope. In most of the state (but not all) OC is legal without a permit. Ergo, if they'd forgone getting a CCW in favor of OC this would not have affected them. That said, it'd also mean they don't have a CC permit and couldn't carry anywhere else in the state.