Thread: MAGTECH Ammo

MAGTECH Ammo

Does anyone have any experience with MAGTECH ammo? I know it is made in Brasil but that is all. I could not pass it up at the price even though I was limited to one box.

Those in the tidewater area that have military base privleges, the Marine Copr exchance at Camp Allen has a box of 50 9mm, 147gr, JHP for $22.99.

I think I am going to pick up another box tomorrow.

Never had any issues with the .45 ACP or .40 S&W I've used of theirs.

Banned
    I've used their products w/o recalling anything horrible about them ...

MAGTECH Ammo

.38 special was fairly hot load when I was shooting it in 2006-2007. Haven't seen a box in forever.

Thanks for all the replies.

i sold alot of it by the case when i worked at galyans. had a few people tell me it was a tad dirtier then winchester white box. when i finally got a pistol i ran a couple box's thru my FNX40 with 0 issues and i didn't notice it being any dirtier(it was the blue box stuff not the smaller hollow point stuff). haven't seen it around in awhile or i would have stocked up on it.

I've popped tens of thousands of their primers in my reloads. No complaints!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I worked at a gun shop/indoor range for a year and MAGTECH was what we sold for use on the range, saw 10s of thousands of MAGTECH fired with no problems. And since I worked there and got to buy at cost... I still have several thousand rounds of various calibers on hand and have shot a couple thousand with no problem in any firearm.

Someone said it was a tad dirty, I don't think it is any dirtier than average; you want to talk dirty; I could tell every firing booth where someone had used WW White Box, you want to talk FILTHY ammo.

If I could get my hands on some more of it I would in a New York second.

Thanks guys. I picked up a second box today. Couldn't beat the price. One of the guys I work with went with me to get a box and ended up with a bushmaster and two boxes of 556 ammo also.

Search Magtech ammo failures, however this could just be internet gossip.

But there's the chapter of the Boxotruth: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot26_2.htm
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin