• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MAGTECH Ammo

wrearick

Does anyone have any experience with MAGTECH ammo? I know it is made in Brasil but that is all. I could not pass it up at the price even though I was limited to one box.

Those in the tidewater area that have military base privleges, the Marine Copr exchance at Camp Allen has a box of 50 9mm, 147gr, JHP for $22.99.

I think I am going to pick up another box tomorrow.

cptstoney

i sold alot of it by the case when i worked at galyans. had a few people tell me it was a tad dirtier then winchester white box. when i finally got a pistol i ran a couple box's thru my FNX40 with 0 issues and i didn't notice it being any dirtier(it was the blue box stuff not the smaller hollow point stuff). haven't seen it around in awhile or i would have stocked up on it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I've popped tens of thousands of their primers in my reloads. No complaints!

F350

I worked at a gun shop/indoor range for a year and MAGTECH was what we sold for use on the range, saw 10s of thousands of MAGTECH fired with no problems. And since I worked there and got to buy at cost... I still have several thousand rounds of various calibers on hand and have shot a couple thousand with no problem in any firearm.

Someone said it was a tad dirty, I don't think it is any dirtier than average; you want to talk dirty; I could tell every firing booth where someone had used WW White Box, you want to talk FILTHY ammo.

If I could get my hands on some more of it I would in a New York second.

wrearick

Thanks guys. I picked up a second box today. Couldn't beat the price. One of the guys I work with went with me to get a box and ended up with a bushmaster and two boxes of 556 ammo also.