• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My trip to area 51

vegaspassat

So my girlfriend and i took a few days this weekend to go fly fishing, camping and hiking in the eastern region of NV. We went to catheadral gorge and a few lakes up that way. Overall we had a great time despite the weather. Of course we both had our pistols and i carried in quite a few different state parks. On our way home we decided to go out of the way and visit the little álé-inn in rachel. Ive always had this infatuation with area 51 lore and really wanted to eat at the restaurant. It was everything i expected it to be - a hole in the wall in the middle of the desert. There were a couple families with children there, two cow boys sitting at a table, and one person sitting at the bar. My girlfriend and i walked around for about 15 minutes before sitting down at a table to order and eat. Once the waiter came over to get our order, i was in the middle of telling him what i wanted when i felt a tap on my shoulder. A woman from the kitchen was standing there and said to me that i needed to check my weapon or leave it in my car. I looked at her kind of stupidly and said "um ok. Why?" she replied that because she had a bar that i needed to either check my weapon or leave it in the car. Again i looked at her confused and said "ma'am, it isnt illegal to carry in a bar in nevada" she said no it wasnt but it was her bar and she can legally make me either check it or put it in my car. Her exact words were "I have a lot of people that come in here and get really drunk, and there are children in here." I just said ok and asked our waiter if there was anywhere else to eat nearby. He said no, not for a few hundred miles. I just said "ok, i guess we'll be leaving then."

So we drove all the way back to vegas to get pizza at goodfellas :D the moral of the story is even in the middle of podunk nevada, there are still business owners that will refuse your money.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

punisherprice

So my girlfriend and i took a few days this weekend to go fly fishing, camping and hiking in the eastern region of NV. We went to catheadral gorge and a few lakes up that way. Overall we had a great time despite the weather. Of course we both had our pistols and i carried in quite a few different state parks. On our way home we decided to go out of the way and visit the little álé-inn in rachel. Ive always had this infatuation with area 51 lore and really wanted to eat at the restaurant. It was everything i expected it to be - a hole in the wall in the middle of the desert. There were a couple families with children there, two cow boys sitting at a table, and one person sitting at the bar. My girlfriend and i walked around for about 15 minutes before sitting down at a table to order and eat. Once the waiter came over to get our order, i was in the middle of telling him what i wanted when i felt a tap on my shoulder. A woman from the kitchen was standing there and said to me that i needed to check my weapon or leave it in my car. I looked at her kind of stupidly and said "um ok. Why?" she replied that because she had a bar that i needed to either check my weapon or leave it in the car. Again i looked at her confused and said "ma'am, it isnt illegal to carry in a bar in nevada" she said no it wasnt but it was her bar and she can legally make me either check it or put it in my car. Her exact words were "I have a lot of people that come in here and get really drunk, and there are children in here." I just said ok and asked our waiter if there was anywhere else to eat nearby. He said no, not for a few hundred miles. I just said "ok, i guess we'll be leaving then."

So we drove all the way back to vegas to get pizza at goodfellas :D the moral of the story is even in the middle of podunk nevada, there are still business owners that will refuse your money.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I bet if you were a cop, she'd be handing you free food and A+ service. I never understood that "my way or the highway" mentality for two reasons, why would you hassle a soon-to-be paying customer? And why would you ask someone to leave their gun in the car and they havent even ordered any alcohol? AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN SITTING AT THE BAR?!! More like three reasons but that stuff kills me. Applebees, chili's, olive garden all have bars and i wasnt ever asked to disarm.....

mbogo470

My wife and I stopped there a month or so ago. We wandered all around the outside displays (junk), then went inside and looked at all the souvenirs (junk) they were selling. I was OC at the time; no one said anything to me, but the people from California were staring (the morons parked RIGHTNEXT to my truck in an empty parking lot :mad:).

The place is a dump, and I wouldn't eat in it even if they openly welcomed OC.

As an aside, the Mizpah Hotel in Tonopah had no problem with OC while I stayed there.

mbogo

turborich

I always wanted to go there as well however after reading this post and looking it up online, it does appear to be a dump in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps the owner will rethink her policy if we write letters to her? I will be more than glad to send her a letter.

Last edited:

vegaspassat

And what did she mean by "check it?" Give it to HER?

yes, I think she was under the impression that I would willingly give my firearm to the person standing behind the bar. I knew it was going to be a dump, but it is a tourist attraction that I wanted to see and we were "in the neighborhood" so to speak. Another reason I wanted to check it out is because in August they do a marathon on the ET highway in the middle of the night, starting at the black mailbox and ending at the little aleinn for breakfast. Now that I know what kind of establishment it is I won't be running the marathon.

vegaspassat

I always wanted to go there as well however after reading this post and looking it up online, it does appear to be a dump in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps the owner will rethink her policy if we write letters to her? I will be more than glad to send her a letter.

I would write them a letter saying that you were interested in visiting, but upon hearing my OC experience you would rather not. I don't think it will change anything, but it's still nice to let business owners know that customers have priorities. And disarming for a $hitty hamburger isn't one of them.

Last edited:

28kfps

This is the contact e-mail for the restaurant aliens@littleAleinn.com. I sent the below e-mail. We had a good result with e-mails in the PTs pub issue.

This is to inform you that since you choose to exercise your private property rights by refusing to allow legally carried firearm in your establishment, I as a legal gun owner will refuse to ever set foot in your facility.

I do respect private property rights however, the public makes the assumption customers conducting themselves in a legal manner would be welcome into a business that is open to and encourages the public in. Over 90 percent of the business in Nevada does follow the Nevada open carry laws and our 2nd amendment rights.

Little Alleinn will make the 2nd amendment NOT allowed list across many pro 2nd amendment web sites. A policy of no guns allowed automatically kicks in my no purchases allowed policy.

Nevada carrier

My note.

To whom it may concern,

It was my intent to visit the area 51 region in the near future for a day trip from Las Vegas. Originally, I planned to stop into your establishment for a meal before returning, however it has come to my attention that you have chosen to ensure that patrons visiting your business are unable to defend themselves by asking them to leave their firearms in their car or worse yet, transfer their firearm to some unknown person working in your establishment. The idea of entrusting the care of a personal firearm to someone whom we do not know may legally posses a firearm is dangerous at best, and at worst, might constitute a felony crime should the person not be legally allowed to poses a firearm.

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that I will be packing our meals to eat while on our trip as you have chosen not to respect my rights as an American and a Nevadan. Please understand that I respect your right to run your business as you see fit. I Hope you will understand why I have chosen not to pay my hard earned money for your services unless you change you business practices. Additionally, I will be sharing your policy regarding patrons with firearms with all of my friends via word of mouth, social media, Opencarry.org and Nevadashooters.com. These networks reach a wide audience that could potentially impact your business. You have chosen to open a business in a part of the country where firearms carry isn't just common, it's sacred way of life for us. While we respect your right to do business as you see fit, please respect our way of life as well.

Very sincerely,

Me.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
When did they pass some open carry laws? :confused:

They passed the Nevada law on open carry on March 21, 1864.

" Be it Resolved,

That the Members of this Convention, elected by the Authority of the aforesaid enabling Act of Congress, Assembled in Carson City the Capital of said Territory of Nevada, and immediately subsequent to its Organization, do adopt, on behalf of the people of said Territory the Constitution of the United States[.]"

markush

Even though your thread started with "so" i was still going to read it...until I saw this...

In-Other-Words-Detail-Paper-Cut-Letters-123487684564_zps78beb098.jpg:original

I'm sorry I cannot read that!

Last edited: