• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chelan County PUD Parks

Stretch

Saw 2 WPD at various times on patrol while at the park. I can only assume they saw me, no contact made. Good day, nice weather.

Sent by Droid

Stretch

It continues without issue.

Sent by Droid

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369678959154.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369678959154.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 157

hermannr

Since the initial email response, there has been no further communication from Chelan PUD.

But today I am sitting here enjoying the softball while OC. At this time no issues.

I would be surprised if you ever have a problem, and I would not be surprised if they change their "policy" soon. I do believe several people (I know I did) emailed them to point out the error of their ways. (and their "policy")

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Since the initial email response, there has been no further communication from Chelan PUD.

But today I am sitting here enjoying the softball while OC. At this time no issues.

I just got this email response.

Hi Corey,

Yes, I received your email – sorry for not getting back to you before now. As we discussed over the phone, we are in the process of reviewing all of the relevant material – including the information you provided below. We want to be very thorough in our review and this process may take some time. I hope to get back to you within the next couple of weeks, if not sooner.

Thanks again for your interest and feedback on this section of our policy.

Take care,

John

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Resolution

For those of you following this, here is the latest email from the General Manager of the PUD.

John Janney - Email said:
Corey,

Thank you for your messages over the last few weeks about our park rules and regulations.

I wanted to let you know that Section 9 of Chelan PUD park rules has been updated to read:

“All park users shall comply with state statutes with regard to the use, possession, transportation and discharge of any firearm or other weapon.”

We have confirmed this language with our local law enforcement agencies.

Take care,

John Janney
General Manager
Chelan County PUD
327 N Wenatchee Avenue
Wenatchee, WA 98802

I emailed John back to get an ETA on when the regulations will be updated on the website and he replied back almost instantly indicating the official pdf will be updated later this evening or tomorrow.

It appears this issue may now be resolved. I would suggest, those of you that sent emails to send thank you follow up emails.

Last edited:

Stretch

Hot Out of the Inbox!

Xxxx,

Thank you for your messages over the last few weeks about our park rules and regulations.

I wanted to let you know that Section 9 of Chelan PUD park rules has been updated to read:

“All park users shall comply with state statutes with regard to the use, possession, transportation and discharge of any firearm or other weapon.”

Take care,

John

hermannr

Xxxx,

Take care,

John

Yep, got same, super guys. herman

Jeff Hayes

Xxxx,

Take care,

John

I also received the same email, I am responding with a thank you for following state law.