Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested

Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested

I thought this needed some more publicity. Pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Px4er View Post
    I thought this needed some more publicity. Pass it along.
    Amazing. If simply open carrying constituted an arrestable offense, you could probably make legitimate citizen's arrest for it...and police would be committing that violation every day.

For that matter, taking property of that value without lawful cause would be grand larceny. Since the cops did it armed, it would actually fit the description of armed robbery.

Off Topic

This looks to be from Texas. This belongs in the General Discussion or the Social Lounge
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

UhHuhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    This looks to be from Texas. This belongs in the General Discussion or the Social Lounge
    Once again, you are right on!!!

This you tube has been reposted about 4 times in many fora, Yesterday!
    This happens way too often,
    someone finds a news thing,
    makes a post,
    someone else sees it on the news,
    makes a post,
    Etc....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Keep your cool

I doubt this guy would have been arrested if he kept his cool and didn't yell at the cops. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE! If it were me I'd let the cops do what they are gonna do without making a fuss and then file a complaint with the department etc.. as necessary/warranted after the fact.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CA2373 View Post
    I doubt this guy would have been arrested if he kept his cool and didn't yell at the cops. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE! If it were me I'd let the cops do what they are gonna do without making a fuss and then file a complaint with the department etc.. as necessary/warranted after the fact.
    Answer all queries with : Yo Momma !

Cops love this, laugh, and move on.

Try it !

I do not do youtube, was this the TX insolent? if it was, there is a cop that will have his pants in a bind in court. What I heard (another board) was that the cops in this town do not like the military.

Does anyone know

Does anyone know how this went in court or did it even go there. I would like to know how this ended.
    The Greatest Weapon is the Mind. The Second Greatest Weapon is my Hand, It controls my Guns
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    USCCA Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    01 FFL Dealer/The Gun Man
    Glock Armorer
    Tactical Instructor
    Ex Navy
    Heavy into the Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    Does anyone know how this went in court or did it even go there. I would like to know how this ended.
    Hasn't ended yet, in fact it just happened, looks to be a lawsuit in the making.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

While clearly the LE went overboard and violated his rights, a reporter/author Michael Yon has a different take on Grisham. But here's the rub: even if you are an a**, the Constitution applies to everyone.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/sta...d-analysis.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I do not do youtube, was this the TX insolent? if it was, there is a cop that will have his pants in a bind in court. What I heard (another board) was that the cops in this town do not like the military.
    No big surprise ... neighboring towns of bases usually have had their fair share of negative encounters with soldiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    While clearly the LE went overboard and violated his rights, a reporter/author Michael Yon has a different take on Grisham. But here's the rub: even if you are an a**, the Constitution applies to everyone.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/sta...d-analysis.htm
    Mr. Yon seems to be doing the exact same thing he accuses Mr. Grisham of doing, funny how it is OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

Carrying a rifle in Texas is not unlawful the Cops did not have a reason to even make contact much less disarm him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    The initial court hearing is still a month away.

If this is happening in Texas what hope is there for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    If this is happening in Texas what hope is there for the rest of us?
    Texas Police and Politicians are actually very anti-gun believe it or not.
    My sister moved to TX recently, even she can support the above statement
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.” ~Thomas Jefferson
    www.CTCarry.com

The LEO could (and should) have handled the situation better, but in today's world people are skeptical about folks walking around with guns - especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target (regardless of what the name implies ). It's not right, but it is the way it is. The subject had the right to do so, and he obviously wasn't about to let common sense stop him. Unless departmental guidelines prohibit it, the dispatcher should have told the caller(s) that it was not against the law to simply carry a gun in the open, and unless he was acting erratically there is no need to send officers. Once contacted by dispatch, the officers do not have the luxury of saying, "No thanks, we're not interested in responding to that call."

I could be wrong... it's possible... but I believe this guy was actively looking for a confrontation. He was out for a stroll carrying a video camera (yes, it is possible that was just coincidental), an AR and a 1911, and was dressed like a Rambo wannabe. It appears that he was not recording anything prior to the officers arrival on-scene - not even his approach - and he went ballistic way too early in the encounter (perhaps he was showing off for his son). Throwing a sh**fit at the LEO is not going to give the LEO a "warm-fuzzy" about you. There may not be much you can do to make the confrontation better, but there's a lot of things you can do to make it worse for yourself. Just my 2˘. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    The LEO could (and should) have handled the situation better, but in today's world people are skeptical about folks walking around with guns - especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target (regardless of what the name implies ). It's not right, but it is the way it is. The subject had the right to do so, and he obviously wasn't about to let common sense stop him. Unless departmental guidelines prohibit it, the dispatcher should have told the caller(s) that it was not against the law to simply carry a gun in the open, and unless he was acting erratically there is no need to send officers. Once contacted by dispatch, the officers do not have the luxury of saying, "No thanks, we're not interested in responding to that call."

I could be wrong... it's possible... but I believe this guy was actively looking for a confrontation. He was out for a stroll carrying a video camera (yes, it is possible that was just coincidental), an AR and a 1911, and was dressed like a Rambo wannabe. It appears that he was not recording anything prior to the officers arrival on-scene - not even his approach - and he went ballistic way too early in the encounter (perhaps he was showing off for his son). Throwing a sh**fit at the LEO is not going to give the LEO a "warm-fuzzy" about you. There may not be much you can do to make the confrontation better, but there's a lot of things you can do to make it worse for yourself. Just my 2˘. Pax...

However this guy wasn't in the Wal mart or target or strolling around town, he was hiking in a rural area in an outdoor area.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack
    Last edited by John Pierce; 04-29-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    However this guy wasn't in the Wal mart or target or strolling around town, he was hiking in a rural area in an outdoor area.
    Let me simplify this for you... I didn't say he was in Wally World or Target, or "strolling around town" - the reference was to LONG GUNS, and nervous people live in "rural areas" also.
    ...especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target
    Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 04-26-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: typo
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus42 View Post
    Tool much? Here's a pic of Gill223 hiking. Note awesome hiking outfit. Attachment 10318
    The stomach only became distended because you had your head up my butt, wanker.

Had you remained "tacit", nobody would be aware of your ignorance. ESAD...
    Last edited by Gil223; 04-26-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Let me simplify this for you... I didn't say he was in Wally World or Target, or "strolling around town" - the reference was to LONG GUNS Pax...
    You make no sense. Not my head , think you swallowed too much statist pabulum. Let me get this right...No camo, no long guns, no recording devices = common sense?

Banned
    I carry a recorder whenever I OC.

Am I looking for trouble?

Or, am I just being prepared for it to find me, as it has in the past?

To be fair, I think this army guy certainly has an ego, I think Grishams mouth got him in more trouble then the gun. You see people like that, he's an army combat veteran, he doesn't need to account for himself to some low level public servant.

Problem is, cops are humans too, and humans hate being insulted and challenged. I think he's partly responsible in bringing on his bad arrest. The one time I was terry stopped by the police two years ago (albiet non gun related) I did exactly this. Ask if I was being detained, officer says yes, then I stated I choose to not answer questions and ****'d.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested

I haven't watched the entire video, since sound is obviously important. If the short account on YouTube is accurate, Officer Friendly needs some training about not grabbing a safely slung gun and not drawing on someone who has committed no crime of violence.

But a quick observation or two:
    He is a civilian when wandering around, whether it not he is an active duty soldier is irrelevant. If he wants to claim special treatment for his active duty status, then there are rules regarding US military operating on US soil, if I recall correctly. On that day and in that place he is claiming to be hiking with his son, which is not related to his day job.

I also think that in some places, an AR slung in that manner does cause alarm, whereas a rifle slung across ones back might not. I'm not arguing that one way is ok and the other isn't, or the usefulness of it, only perceptions. People have become afraid of black guns and one has to consider that when in public.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    To be fair, I think this army guy certainly has an ego,we all have an ego I think Grishams mouth got him in more trouble then the gun.not illegal You see people like that, he's an army combat veteran, he doesn't need to account for himself to some low level public servant. speculation

Problem is, cops are humans tooahhhh, and humans hate being insulted and challenged.find a new job I think he's partly responsible in bringing on his bad arrest.how can he responsible for a BAD arrest The one time I was terry stopped by the police two years ago (albiet non gun related) I did exactly this. Ask if I was being detained, officer says yes, then I stated I choose to not answer questions and ****'d.
    Bravo!

I'm feisty today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast