• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested

Px4er

I thought this needed some more publicity. Pass it along.

[video=youtube;A8r4MK3R4PI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8r4MK3R4PI[/video]

Difdi

I thought this needed some more publicity. Pass it along.

Amazing. If simply open carrying constituted an arrestable offense, you could probably make legitimate citizen's arrest for it...and police would be committing that violation every day.

For that matter, taking property of that value without lawful cause would be grand larceny. Since the cops did it armed, it would actually fit the description of armed robbery.

LarryM

Another "activist" open-carrying in a non open-carry state and then mouthing off to Barney and Goober about his so-called "rights"...:mad:

This azzclown makes us all look bad and personally - veteran or not - I hope he gets spanked hard...

CA2373

Keep your cool

I doubt this guy would have been arrested if he kept his cool and didn't yell at the cops. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE! If it were me I'd let the cops do what they are gonna do without making a fuss and then file a complaint with the department etc.. as necessary/warranted after the fact.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I doubt this guy would have been arrested if he kept his cool and didn't yell at the cops. DON'T TALK TO THE POLICE! If it were me I'd let the cops do what they are gonna do without making a fuss and then file a complaint with the department etc.. as necessary/warranted after the fact.

Answer all queries with : Yo Momma !

Cops love this, laugh, and move on.

Try it !

hermannr

I do not do youtube, was this the TX insolent? if it was, there is a cop that will have his pants in a bind in court. What I heard (another board) was that the cops in this town do not like the military.

TheGunMan

Does anyone know

Does anyone know how this went in court or did it even go there. I would like to know how this ended.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I do not do youtube, was this the TX insolent? if it was, there is a cop that will have his pants in a bind in court. What I heard (another board) was that the cops in this town do not like the military.

No big surprise ... neighboring towns of bases usually have had their fair share of negative encounters with soldiers ...

Jeff Hayes

While clearly the LE went overboard and violated his rights, a reporter/author Michael Yon has a different take on Grisham. But here's the rub: even if you are an a**, the Constitution applies to everyone.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/st...as-police-some-facts-opinion-and-analysis.htm

Mr. Yon seems to be doing the exact same thing he accuses Mr. Grisham of doing, funny how it is OK when the shoe is on the other foot.

Carrying a rifle in Texas is not unlawful the Cops did not have a reason to even make contact much less disarm him.

Gil223

The LEO could (and should) have handled the situation better, but in today's world people are skeptical about folks walking around with guns - especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target (regardless of what the name implies ;) ). It's not right, but it is the way it is. The subject had the right to do so, and he obviously wasn't about to let common sense stop him. Unless departmental guidelines prohibit it, the dispatcher should have told the caller(s) that it was not against the law to simply carry a gun in the open, and unless he was acting erratically there is no need to send officers. Once contacted by dispatch, the officers do not have the luxury of saying, "No thanks, we're not interested in responding to that call."

I could be wrong... it's possible... but I believe this guy was actively looking for a confrontation. He was out for a stroll carrying a video camera (yes, it is possible that was just coincidental), an AR and a 1911, and was dressed like a Rambo wannabe. It appears that he was not recording anything prior to the officers arrival on-scene - not even his approach - and he went ballistic way too early in the encounter (perhaps he was showing off for his son). Throwing a sh**fit at the LEO is not going to give the LEO a "warm-fuzzy" about you. There may not be much you can do to make the confrontation better, but there's a lot of things you can do to make it worse for yourself. Just my 2¢. Pax...

EMNofSeattle

The LEO could (and should) have handled the situation better, but in today's world people are skeptical about folks walking around with guns - especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target (regardless of what the name implies ;) ). It's not right, but it is the way it is. The subject had the right to do so, and he obviously wasn't about to let common sense stop him. Unless departmental guidelines prohibit it, the dispatcher should have told the caller(s) that it was not against the law to simply carry a gun in the open, and unless he was acting erratically there is no need to send officers. Once contacted by dispatch, the officers do not have the luxury of saying, "No thanks, we're not interested in responding to that call."

I could be wrong... it's possible... but I believe this guy was actively looking for a confrontation. He was out for a stroll carrying a video camera (yes, it is possible that was just coincidental), an AR and a 1911, and was dressed like a Rambo wannabe. It appears that he was not recording anything prior to the officers arrival on-scene - not even his approach - and he went ballistic way too early in the encounter (perhaps he was showing off for his son). Throwing a sh**fit at the LEO is not going to give the LEO a "warm-fuzzy" about you. There may not be much you can do to make the confrontation better, but there's a lot of things you can do to make it worse for yourself. Just my 2¢. Pax...

However this guy wasn't in the Wal mart or target or strolling around town, he was hiking in a rural area in an outdoor area.

Tacitus42

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited by a moderator:

Gil223

However this guy wasn't in the Wal mart or target or strolling around town, he was hiking in a rural area in an outdoor area.

Let me simplify this for you... I didn't say he was in Wally World or Target, or "strolling around town" - the reference was to LONG GUNS, and nervous people live in "rural areas" also.
...especially long guns, because most people see no practical need for one in WalMart or your local Target
Pax...

Last edited: