Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background check bill FAILS in the Senate

Background check bill FAILS in the Senate

Check it out

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...enate/2090105/

Four GOP senators -- Toomey, Mark Kirk of Illinois, Susan Collins of Maine and John McCain of Arizona -- crossed party lines to support the measure.
    Aren't you Arizona guys tired of McTraitor yet???
    Last edited by F350; 04-17-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Nice Surprise.
    Last edited by Defrock; 04-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.

I want to scream yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss from the rooftops but I know our opposition is already planning the next bill,
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Well we need to ban or check SOMETHING.

Somebody PLEASE ban something. It's for the baby children!

(On topic: Yay!).

The Messiah is on TV throwing a temper tantrum...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

And now Obama is on the news crying about it and trying the whole get everyone emotional thing now. Sad they can not accept it.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post
    And now Obama is on the news crying about it and trying the whole get everyone emotional thing now. Sad they can not accept it.
    Yes I see that, and he really looks and sound pathetic.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    If 90%+ of Americans really supported expanded background checks, do you really think this bill would've failed?

This thing needed to go down in flames. Good.

We need to work hard to unseat the bozos who voted for this further infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If 90%+ of Americans really supported expanded background checks, do you really think this bill would've failed?

We need to work hard to unseat the bozos who voted for this further infringement.
    Really, so now our Representatives are doing what Americans support? Good grief.

It went down in flames, what were the Yeas....56...that's a flamer.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post

Wasn't the latest CBS poll 88% against. Obozzo is a liar!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Here's the amendments that were voted on today. All were rejected:

Manchin Amdt. No. 715; To protect Second Amendment rights, ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and provide a responsible and consistent background check process.

Grassley Amdt. No. 725; To address gun violence, improve the availability of records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, address mental illness in the criminal justice system, and end straw purchases and trafficking of illegal firearms, and for other purposes.

Leahy Amdt. No. 713; To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.

Cornyn Amdt. No. 719; To allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.

Feinstein Amdt. No. 711; To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Burr Amdt. No. 720; To protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans and their families.

Lautenberg Amdt. No. 714; To regulate large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
    Hoka hey

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Really, so now our Representatives are doing what Americans support? Good grief.

It went down in flames, what were the Yeas....56...that's a flamer.
    I love all the little rules the senate puts on themselves. it really awesome and it protects is from some bad laws....

I do think it's wierd how all the libertarians keep assuming every american is or should be a libertarian for their own good then go off bitching about every single law passed, but then when this one fails they're like "see the congress represents the will of the people" it's hilarious....

however I am glad this measure was blunted.
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 04-17-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    Feinstein Amdt. No. 711; To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
    Proof that shes nothing more than a tyrant. The RKBA IS UNLIMITED! Or else they would have placed limitations on it in the Constitution. Now to work on getting all the bills repealed that outlawed the manufacture and non hassle owning of automatic weapons!

Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    Proof that shes nothing more than a tyrant. The RKBA IS UNLIMITED! Or else they would have placed limitations on it in the Constitution. Now to work on getting all the bills repealed that outlawed the manufacture and non hassle owning of automatic weapons!
    It's interesting how this is worded. "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes."

The issue is not about the unlimited nature of a right. It is about the ABSOLUTENESS of the 2A that forbids the federal government to infringe. The only way for the fed to pass a constitutional law "infringing" on the "right", is for the constitution to be amended.

The argument is never "is the right absolute?"

The argument is "the fed has no power to infringe... period".

So like you said... let's get to work!
    Last edited by georg jetson; 04-17-2013 at 07:41 PM.

And, like a petulant child he'll enact an Executive Order. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    And, like a petulant child he'll enact an Executive Order. Just watch.
    And then we will tell him to shove it up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    And then we will tell him to shove it up his ass.
    This is good news.Any news that makes libral bed wetters pee themselves is good news. BTW,in response to an above post, they arent automatic weapons, they are semi-automatic weapons, if that is what was meant. Sorry for splitting hares but thats what the left always calls "assult weapons" and it is wrong and a lie.

Banned
    But the ..... CHILDREN ,, the CHILDREN, the CHILDREN ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    But the ..... CHILDREN ,, the CHILDREN, the CHILDREN ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhh
    Maybe it is time for Obozzo to clean the blood from his shoes and move on...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    This is good news.Any news that makes libral bed wetters pee themselves is good news. BTW,in response to an above post, they arent automatic weapons, they are semi-automatic weapons, if that is what was meant. Sorry for splitting hares but thats what the left always calls "assult weapons" and it is wrong and a lie.
    No rabbits were harmed in the making of that post. Sorry, I don't mean to split hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    If your talking to me I know good and well what the political term assault weapon means. I was referring to the laws that date back to the 1930's outlawing the ownership of automatic firearms, and eventually the manufacture of them for civilian use. We need to start pushing back and fighting to get the laws on the books that infringe on our 2A rights. If we remain at a stagnant position of only fighting against new laws we will never reclaim our rights.

I took a "Shellacking"

Maybe he should just revisit this video of his last "Shellacking".... "we" took his advice and contacted our representatives, donated to powerful lobby groups....his tactics, his playbook...

it worked, this time....be vigilant
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ast_night.html
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I love all the little rules the senate puts on themselves. it really awesome and it protects is from some bad laws....

I do think it's wierd how all the libertarians keep assuming every american is or should be a libertarian for their own good then go off bitching about every single law passed, but then when this one fails they're like "see the congress represents the will of the people" it's hilarious....

Exactly what rules does the Senate put on themselves that protects us from bad laws? I can show you thousands of bad laws the we have not been protected from.

I am a basically a libertarian and I do not bitch about every new law that is passed, how exactly would you know if I did? How dare you assume what I and others are assuming, that is beyond presumptuous on your part. Does Congress represent the will of the people or not? If not whom does it represent and why is it funny.

Please capitalize the first "A" in American, it is a proper noun after all, otherwise I will assume you are being disrespectful, ignorant or simply went to public schools.

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post

I'm not sure I get your point.

I think at least 75% of what gets passed is bad (probably more, I'm trying to be generous.)

If I think that why shouldn't I be happy when one fails?

I certainly don't think Congress represents the will of the people.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast