Thread: People are freaking out.

Banned

People are freaking out.

I think this is one of the desired end results of terror attacks. Folks start seeing bombs everywhere.

On the Ohio State campus, they blew up some poor student's books. He left his backpack unattended, so they assumed it was a bomb and atomized it.

On the campus of Purdue, they panicked over a piece of PVC piping. Again, nothing.

Folks, chill. Live your lives. Don't let terrorists make you paranoid.

I can see new gun laws proposed from the emotions of this bombing.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yup. Playing right into the murderers', the media's, and the state's hands.

Expect the details of the deaths and maimings committed by the Boston murderer to be told to us over and over and over again by the media. (Another good reason not to watch TV.) They never do this with dead and wounded soldiers, for example, because the government sees it as not in its interest. But this is. Just this morning, a mother complained to me about her 10-year -old son being terrorized by his public school teacher. She rehearsed in great detail about what happened to the Boston victims, and warned the children to be on the lookout for similar events everywhere. Like a vampire, the government feasts off such fear, and does everything possible to increase it.

And take the murder of the prosecutors in Texas:

It was a story out of the Southern Poverty Law Center playbook: White supremacists murder Texas DA, his wife, and an assistant DA!! Then the hype stopped as if a memo had gone out. Well, I guess it did, since a former judge and his wife are apparently the culprits. It was all intra-regime, and therefore hardly news.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    The price of pressure cookers went up 3x ... and I cannot find any ! DHS just ordered 3 billion of them...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-17-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The price of pressure cookers went up 3x ... and I cannot find any ! DHS just ordered 3 billion of them...
    lmao...

I generally agree with the OP. I think we ought to be vigilant, but blowing up a student's backpack does seem a little over-the-top. IMO, terrorizing 10 year olds is way over the top.

Founder's Club Member
    When I was little, I was admonished not to forget my backpack--the point being to make sure and I the books ended up together. Nobody said anything about government blowing it all to hell if I left it somewhere.

Heh, heh, heh. Young folks aren't dumb. Anybody wanta to take a bet that the backpack atomizers taught students that government is full of it? A Ron Paul rally woulda been a better teaching experience, but I'll bet the atomization runs a close second with plenty of students.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I think this is one of the desired end results of terror attacks. Folks start seeing bombs everywhere.

On the Ohio State campus, they blew up some poor student's books. He left his backpack unattended, so they assumed it was a bomb and atomized it.

On the campus of Purdue, they panicked over a piece of PVC piping. Again, nothing.

Folks, chill. Live your lives. Don't let terrorists make you paranoid.
    That is exactly the goal. They don't necessarily want to kill all of us, although some probably do. They want to destroy our way of life and our freedoms and the easiest way to do that is to make us want the government to "do something to protect us".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    That is exactly the goal. They don't necessarily want to kill all of us, although some probably do. They want to destroy our way of life and our freedoms and the easiest way to do that is to make us want the government to "do something to protect us".
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    Last edited by John Pierce; 04-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.