• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

People are freaking out.

eye95

I think this is one of the desired end results of terror attacks. Folks start seeing bombs everywhere.

On the Ohio State campus, they blew up some poor student's books. He left his backpack unattended, so they assumed it was a bomb and atomized it.

On the campus of Purdue, they panicked over a piece of PVC piping. Again, nothing.

Folks, chill. Live your lives. Don't let terrorists make you paranoid.

77zach

Yup. Playing right into the murderers', the media's, and the state's hands.

Expect the details of the deaths and maimings committed by the Boston murderer to be told to us over and over and over again by the media. (Another good reason not to watch TV.) They never do this with dead and wounded soldiers, for example, because the government sees it as not in its interest. But this is. Just this morning, a mother complained to me about her 10-year -old son being terrorized by his public school teacher. She rehearsed in great detail about what happened to the Boston victims, and warned the children to be on the lookout for similar events everywhere. Like a vampire, the government feasts off such fear, and does everything possible to increase it.

And take the murder of the prosecutors in Texas:

It was a story out of the Southern Poverty Law Center playbook: White supremacists murder Texas DA, his wife, and an assistant DA!! Then the hype stopped as if a memo had gone out. Well, I guess it did, since a former judge and his wife are apparently the culprits. It was all intra-regime, and therefore hardly news.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The price of pressure cookers went up 3x ... and I cannot find any ! DHS just ordered 3 billion of them...

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

The price of pressure cookers went up 3x ... and I cannot find any ! DHS just ordered 3 billion of them...

lmao...

I generally agree with the OP. I think we ought to be vigilant, but blowing up a student's backpack does seem a little over-the-top. IMO, terrorizing 10 year olds is way over the top.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
When I was little, I was admonished not to forget my backpack--the point being to make sure and I the books ended up together. Nobody said anything about government blowing it all to hell if I left it somewhere.

Heh, heh, heh. Young folks aren't dumb. Anybody wanta to take a bet that the backpack atomizers taught students that government is full of it? A Ron Paul rally woulda been a better teaching experience, but I'll bet the atomization runs a close second with plenty of students.

ldsgeek

I think this is one of the desired end results of terror attacks. Folks start seeing bombs everywhere.

On the Ohio State campus, they blew up some poor student's books. He left his backpack unattended, so they assumed it was a bomb and atomized it.

On the campus of Purdue, they panicked over a piece of PVC piping. Again, nothing.

Folks, chill. Live your lives. Don't let terrorists make you paranoid.

That is exactly the goal. They don't necessarily want to kill all of us, although some probably do. They want to destroy our way of life and our freedoms and the easiest way to do that is to make us want the government to "do something to protect us".

davidmcbeth

Banned
That is exactly the goal. They don't necessarily want to kill all of us, although some probably do. They want to destroy our way of life and our freedoms and the easiest way to do that is to make us want the government to "do something to protect us".

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

Last edited by a moderator: