Thread: OC in Gaston County---New Resident from VA

OC in Gaston County---New Resident from VA

Saw a guy in the local Wally World the other day OCing. Decided I needed to express my rights myself while I still can. Moved here from VA last Jan 2012. All of my pistols were either bought in VA or many years ago in Indiana from private individuals, and no papers were required for the transactions, or inherited from my Dad out of NC.

Now, do I have register all the hand guns with the sheriff before I can OC? Do I also have to get a CCP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrtal View Post
    Saw a guy in the local Wally World the other day OCing. Decided I needed to express my rights myself while I still can. Moved here from VA last Jan 2012. All of my pistols were either bought in VA or many years ago in Indiana from private individuals, and no papers were required for the transactions, or inherited from my Dad out of NC.

Now, do I have register all the hand guns with the sheriff before I can OC? Do I also have to get a CCP?
    Nope, only Durham has registration. Welcome to NC and OCDO!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Nope, only Durham has registration. Welcome to NC and OCDO!
    A little bird told me that he knows for a FACT that registration compliance is not 100% in Durham county. I don't know how the bird knows, so i can only take it as hearsay, but it's a pretty reliable bird.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Welcome to NC and OCDO!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrtal View Post
    No registration, No CHP required to OC, make sure you know where you can't OC.

My sugestion to be on the safe side what I would do, If there are any firearms you have that you are not %100 sure if they might be stolen, call sheriff and have them run the S#... just to make sure you don't have a LEO encounter down the road, they run serial # for what ever reason, and it comes back as stolen, then you have problems =)

Welcome to NC!
    (ps. allot of areas in Gaston county are kind of shady, stay safe.)