• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Gaston County---New Resident from VA

Ahrtal

Saw a guy in the local Wally World the other day OCing. Decided I needed to express my rights myself while I still can. Moved here from VA last Jan 2012. All of my pistols were either bought in VA or many years ago in Indiana from private individuals, and no papers were required for the transactions, or inherited from my Dad out of NC.

Now, do I have register all the hand guns with the sheriff before I can OC? Do I also have to get a CCP?

WalkingWolf

Saw a guy in the local Wally World the other day OCing. Decided I needed to express my rights myself while I still can. Moved here from VA last Jan 2012. All of my pistols were either bought in VA or many years ago in Indiana from private individuals, and no papers were required for the transactions, or inherited from my Dad out of NC.

Now, do I have register all the hand guns with the sheriff before I can OC? Do I also have to get a CCP?

Nope, only Durham has registration. Welcome to NC and OCDO!:cool:

dmatting

Nope, only Durham has registration. Welcome to NC and OCDO!:cool:

A little bird told me that he knows for a FACT that registration compliance is not 100% in Durham county. I don't know how the bird knows, so i can only take it as hearsay, but it's a pretty reliable bird.

Jamesm760

No registration, No CHP required to OC, make sure you know where you can't OC.

My sugestion to be on the safe side what I would do, If there are any firearms you have that you are not %100 sure if they might be stolen, call sheriff and have them run the S#... just to make sure you don't have a LEO encounter down the road, they run serial # for what ever reason, and it comes back as stolen, then you have problems =)

Welcome to NC!
(ps. allot of areas in Gaston county are kind of shady, stay safe.)