Thread: WTF was going on in SW Vegas this afternoon?

WTF was going on in SW Vegas this afternoon?

I was heading east on NV 160 this afternoon and watched at least 30 police cars heading west at a high rate of spped. A few market cruizers, a K-9 SUV But for the most part, a wide variety of normal looking cars with red and blue's hidden behind the grill or mounted on the dash inside. They were hauling ass west at over 100 MPH westbound on 160. I searched the local news feeds but came up with nothing. Did anyone who might have been listening to the police radio trafic hear anything? I'm paticularly troubled by the number and variety of ordinary looking cars. These were not you all white Crown Vics that you can tell are unmarked police cars by the mirror mounted spotlights and antenna farms on the trunk lid, these were, VW Jettas, Chevy Volts, and one was even a Prius.

Something really odd is going on here.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    I was heading east on NV 160 this afternoon and watched at least 30 police cars heading west at a high rate of spped. A few market cruizers, a K-9 SUV But for the most part, a wide variety of normal looking cars with red and blue's hidden behind the grill or mounted on the dash inside. They were hauling ass west at over 100 MPH westbound on 160. I searched the local news feeds but came up with nothing. Did anyone who might have been listening to the police radio trafic hear anything? I'm paticularly troubled by the number and variety of ordinary looking cars. These were not you all white Crown Vics that you can tell are unmarked police cars by the mirror mounted spotlights and antenna farms on the trunk lid, these were, VW Jettas, Chevy Volts, and one was even a Prius.

Caught a little news info on it. No real details however armed and barricaded in a home issue near 160.

I might guess there were Feds involved. They have a lot of cars that are completely normal until the hidden lights come on.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I might guess there were Feds involved. They have a lot of cars that are completely normal until the hidden lights come on.
    Federal cars are the opposite of many Federal officials, who seem completely normal until you realize that the lights are on but nobody's home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post

What? No SWAT wagon in tow?

Centurion
    I've got absolutely no information on this situation but just an observation. Could someone have reported MANY MWAG at a facility south of 160, outside of Pahrump that were DISCHARGING THEIR WEAPONS?

I know it is Nye County out there and not Clark County.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 04-18-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"