• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

**SHORT NOTICE** Counter protest 4-20 in Dearborn

Ezerharden

It seems the Dearborn Police Department is hosting a Regional Gun Violence Rally at Lindberg School in Dearborn to demand what they define as "common sense gun laws". We are looking for people to peacefully counter protest outside the school (sidewalk). Remember this is a 28.425o/750.237a zone, so a CPL is a must. The location is:

Lindbergh Elementary School auditorium, 500 N. Waverly, Dearborn , MI 48124
Saturday 4-20 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM.

The event is indoors, but our presence outside would be desirable.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/0p1O4

Link to their event announcement: https://local.nixle.com/alert/4988961/

DanM

I've got one, possibly two, other folks coming with me. I'll have with me five copies each of AG Opinion 7113 and MSP Legal Update 86, sections relevant to CPL holders carrying openly in PFZs highlighted. I'll give a copy to anyone wanting to keep one on them (while supplies last).

Have your audio or video recorders running. I highly suggest Qik installed in your phone. It uploads your video, as soon as you stop recording, to your account you establish on it's website, and it is free.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Ezerharden - Hope this goes well. Dearborn is a @$$hat town in my opinion. The natives are easily duped & used to following the commands of dictators... :(

Last edited:

DanM

How many, aside from me and my one confirmed ride-along, have committed to being there? This is a conditional commitment, by the way. If there's not going to be at least half-decent attendance, I'm saving my fuel and time for another day. Besides, I don't know Dearborn PD all that well and I would be protesting their PD-sponsored event. I'm sure at least a few of them won't be happy. Those circumstances cause me to not be willing to go forth with just me videoing and just me and my ride-along as witnesses on our side.

Ezerharden

There are two facebook events, one for MOC and one someone else started. Looks like a decent turnout is to be expected.

FreeInAZ

Ok - getting a little worried. Everyone who went accounted for? Nobody sitting in jail, correct? Updates please! Hope you guys are ok??? :confused:

DanM

Ok - getting a little worried. Everyone who went accounted for? Nobody sitting in jail, correct? Updates please! Hope you guys are ok???

All is well! Sorry, after getting back I was out all the rest of the day helping a friend move.

We had almost as many in our group counter-rallying as they had inside, according to one media photographer. Our headcount was around 21. Dearborn police were professional, no issues there. As they walked to the school, the anti's didn't call us names or try to smack anything out of our hands (police presence nearly always makes them behave). A couple of our guys were inside attending the meeting and reported that it was just a bunch of emotion-stroking talk about doing things that we all already know will not solve problems.

Ezerharden

All is well! Sorry, after getting back I was out all the rest of the day helping a friend move.

We had almost as many in our group counter-rallying as they had inside, according to one media photographer. Our headcount was around 21. Dearborn police were professional, no issues there. As they walked to the school, the anti's didn't call us names or try to smack anything out of our hands (police presence nearly always makes them behave). A couple of our guys were inside attending the meeting and reported that it was just a bunch of emotion-stroking talk about doing things that we all already know will not solve problems.

Good to hear, do you mind if I use this for the bi-weekly email event update? It's the only report I have gotten yet.

DanM

Last edited: