• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 976 - Responses are needed NOW!

WTFOVER

HB 976 - Gun Safety Act

Record Brief;
AN ACT TO REPEAL THE "STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS" AND CODIFY THE COMMON LAW REGARDING THE USE OF FORCE AGAINST AN INTRUDER; TO
REPEAL THE LAW ALLOWING RECIPROCITY FOR CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMITS; TO STRENGTHEN THE LAW REGARDING SAFE STORAGE OF
FIREARMS BY REQUIRING A PERSON WHO POSSESSES A FIREARM AND LIVES WITH EITHER A MINOR OR ANOTHER PERSON WHO CAN NOT LEGALLY OWN
A FIREARM TO SAFELY STORE THE FIREARM IN A STORAGE DEPOSITORY OR USE A SAFETY LOCK FOR THE FIREARM WHEN NOT IN POSSESSION OR
IMMEDIATE CONTROL OF THE FIREARM; TO REQUIRE THE REPORTING OF LOST AND STOLEN GUNS; TO REQUIRE THE SHERIFF TO REPORT THE
DENIAL, REVOCATION, OR FAILURE TO RENEW A CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT OR THE DENIAL OF A PISTOL PERMIT TO THE NATIONAL INSTANT
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM; TO REQUIRE UNIVERSAL15 BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR THE PRIVATE TRANSFER OF FIREARMS IN
NORTH CAROLINA; TO PROVIDE THAT A FEE MAY BE CHARGED BY THE SBI FOR CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS AND TO ESTABLISH A FUND TO HELP
PAY THE COSTS OF CONDUCTING BACKGROUND CHECKS; TO REQUIRE ANY PERSON WHO OWNS A FIREARM TO CARRY FIREARM LIABILITY INSURANCE;
TO LIMIT THE SIZE OF AMMUNITION MAGAZINES; AND TO DIRECT THE STATE TREASURER TO DIVEST THE PENSION FUND OF GUN STOCKS.

Besides the fact that every one of the sponsers and co-sponsers are Democrats they need know that NC will not put up with this crap. OC, CC, just plain old gun owner is effected by this silly bill.

And lets not forget they are going for the fence, making it Felony to violate some of these.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Looks like Obama was prepared for his spanking, I would imagine identical bills are being filed in other states. Hopefully most of our GA have more sense then to try to pass this crap.

brutus1776

A GRNC board member on another forum said this is just a watered down version of some of the other BS they have been trying to pass for years...and is basically DOA.

Not that we shouldnt be vigilant, but I see very little chance of this going anywhere.