Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: River City Diner (Richmond) breakfast Sat. 4/20

River City Diner (Richmond) breakfast Sat. 4/20

Just wondering... I may be in the area this Saturday morning.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-19-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Changed title

Dang it, DrMark - it's just barely Friday morning.

But seeing as you are kinda-sorta planning to be in town, we will arrange for you to break the fast with us at RCD.

Rumor has it that there will also be folks coming from over the mountain to join us. That being the case, we will probably wind up in the back so look for us there.

BTW - we seem to have a doorman - or maybe just a greeter - now. Be nice to him. He has to compensate for the lack of a purdy gun by strapping on a big one.

There are several after-party possibilities coming up this weekend. I will post details later.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sounds good. I'll probably have my boy with me.

Not sure this week.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Dang it, DrMark - it's just barely Friday morning.

But seeing as you are kinda-sorta planning to be in town, we will arrange for you to break the fast with us at RCD.

Rumor has it that there will also be folks coming from over the mountain to join us. That being the case, we will probably wind up in the back so look for us there.

BTW - we seem to have a doorman - or maybe just a greeter - now. Be nice to him. He has to compensate for the lack of a purdy gun by strapping on a big one.

There are several after-party possibilities coming up this weekend. I will post details later.

stay safe.
    Between work and the dreaded "honey do" list, could be tough. Kids are gone and Gr8Legs and I have the house to ourselves if you know what I mean ;>)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Just wondering... I may be in the area this Saturday morning.
    Not only will there be a breakfast, but there will be a preliminary discussion (before posting) about the 2nd chapter in the Surry Ferry Tale - this newest insult to one of our own and thereby all of us has occurred in Henrico County

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Between work and the dreaded "honey do" list, could be tough. Kids are gone and Gr8Legs and I have the house to ourselves if you know what I mean ;>)
    Yep - means the honey-do list will get longer and will be expected to get shorter before dark and that you will be held w/o bond until the preliminary hearing.

Perhaps requesting that you be released on your own recognizance in order to recharge your battery and promise to return immediately thereafter will be looked upon favorably
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

For travelers not familiar with this revered location, we provide the following directions. Problems with following these instructions or GPS usage should be referred to the youngest family member available.

9:30 A.M. is the official time, but several are normally there earlier.

River City Diner
    Parham and I-95............. Map
    803 East Parham Road

Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-19-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added time.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Ha,Ha,Ha, thanks, that's a great way to start the day...,

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    I'm taking bets on your Saturday. My money is on 99.99999 % honey do, and the rest honey "dew", or maybe a "Mountain Dew" and I KNOW what I mean!!! Just remember, I love ya' brother.

Danged sorry I'm gonna miss this one, and I'm sure my last comment will get me talked about. Wouldn't be the first time, sure it's not gonna be the last, you'll be thought about.

By the way, user gets my "Relentless" award this week, plaque in the mail along with the check, Dan!

Excuse me now, gotta round up the kids and go for a swim.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

dunno about recharging batteries, mine is still dead and tires deflated, might be on my own, might have to bring Logan, might be there on time but will still be an hour later than some !!
    Last edited by scouser; 04-19-2013 at 08:15 AM.

As threatened: after-party possibilities

RVA Erf Day Festival and Celebrationl -- free. Strung out all along Hull Street from just south of the 14th Street (Mayo) bridge to around the curve at the railroad museum. Food, used (caveat emptor!) outdoorsy gear such as kyaks that don't hardly leak and tents that are almost as watertight. Food trucks and other organic, locovarian eats. Probably some will be vegetarian (that Indian word that means "crappy hunter"). Look for hippy chicks and X-Treme game guys. http://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/2013EarthDay/Page

Richmond Erf Day Festival (no celebration) -- free. At the 17th Street Farmer's Market. Good locally grown produce and a few other goodies. Most likely urban (not urbane) chicks and college undergrad boys with skateboards. Could be some street music - good, bad, and some very ugly. http://earthdayrichmond.org/

XL 102 Chili Cookoff @ RIR -- $30 at the gate. Since when did chili come with beans?!? And you call that hot? http://users.rcn.com/bvdrangs/chilijudge.html It's a family event. RIR is not known for being OC-friendly but I and others have OCed without problems in past years. HINT - do NOT kick anything that looks like a large bundle of white paper/wrapping. Remember I mentioned it was a family event? Well, some families do not use the changing stations or the trash cans. http://www.xl102richmond.com/pages/x...okoff2013.html

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

What time do folks meet for breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    What time do folks meet for breakfast?
    Wooops - missed posting the time, went back and edited that in.

Officially we start at 9:30 AM, but normally there will be people from the OMC (ol'man's club) there before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Officially we start at 9:30 AM, but normally there will be people from the OMC (ol'man's club) there a very long time before that.
    corrected that for you Grape

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Officially we start at 9:30 AM, but normally there will be people from the OMC (ol'man's club) there a very long time before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    corrected that for you Grape
    It is a shame that they are not open 24 hrs/day - we'd have our special place to land and chat /debrief after night time excursions.

As it is, we have to fall back on IHOP, Dennys, Waffle House or the infamous 3rd Street Diner.

It is a shame that they are not open 24 hrs/day - we'd have our special place to land and chat /debrief after night time excursions.

As it is, we have to fall back on IHOP, Dennys, Waffle House or the infamous 3rd Street Diner.
    have you been there today?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    have you been there today?
    Was getting new exhaust system (one w/o extra holes) installed on the white beast.

Been warned about rattling the windows at RCD when I back into a front parking space

Though that was frequently the signal for one more cup-of at the paper machine. We'll see if I can arrive unannounced or not in the morning.

Tuesdays last summer I'd back into one of those spaces and there would always be a coffee and a milk on the table before we walked in the door

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'm going to try. I have a lot of work to do at the farm but this week has about done me in. I lost another couple of hours this afternoon. Glad I wasn't driving.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm going to try. I have a lot of work to do at the farm but this week has about done me in. I lost another couple of hours this afternoon. Glad I wasn't driving.
    I swear if you die on us I'll never talk to you again.

Oh, wait. That might be seen as more of a benefit than a threat.

Nevermind.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

I can make arrangement to pick him up - he can ride up front or lie in the bed.....his choice. See I try to help any way I can.

Peter seriously take care of yourself - nothing, repeat nothing, is so important that it cannot be done another day.

Well said, Grape...,

I can make arrangement to pick him up - he can ride up front or lie in the bed.....his choice. See I try to help any way I can.

Peter seriously take care of yourself - nothing, repeat nothing, is so important that it cannot be done another day.
    and totally applicable, as well as relevant. Remember the old saying, "It's okay if you're hot to trot, just don't be too fast to last!"

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

Last edited by sidestreet; 04-20-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: sp

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    and totally applicable, as well as relevant. Remember the old saying, "It's okay if you're hot to trot, just don't be too fast to last!"

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

I went home and got Jane and we went to Earth Day in Richmond. There were a number of Richmond Cops there but even though I stood next to them looking evil, I didn't get a look. So much for being scary looking.

Event security kept a half a$$ed eye on me but the only one that said something asked what I was carrying then went on to see how I liked my steady cam.

All the kayaks were pretty well done in but I did buy a wet suit.

We enjoyed it guys!

See y'all around!

Sorry I missed it but spent from seven to eleven cutting trees out of my driveway then had to go to VA beach made the required stop at pierces pit bbq on the way home to pick up dinner then finished cleaning up all the mess from the trees. Todays jobs include fixing fences and hanging new gates

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    Sorry I missed it but spent from seven to eleven cutting trees out of my driveway then had to go to VA beach made the required stop at pierces pit bbq on the way home to pick up dinner then finished cleaning up all the mess from the trees. Todays jobs include fixing fences and hanging new gates
    Grass and weeds in a driveway I understand........but TREES? You really shouldn't put off chores that long.

Grass and weeds in a driveway I understand........but TREES? You really shouldn't put off chores that long.
    yes there was some pretty strong wind blowing friday at dusk during that thunderstorm that blew through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast