Thread: It's not over

It's not over

This may or ay not be within the rules of the forum so I apologize in advance for this posting and if the moderators feel it necessary to move it to another area please do so. Whether you OC or CC, I have this feeling that our RKBA is going to be put in question on whether we have the right to protect ourselves outside our homes. With the recent events in Boston (the shoot out with police) and the US Senate voting against the proposed legislation on UBC's, I have the really nasty feeling that we haven't seen anything yet. I am going to watch the reports on the two suspects to see where the media will take this, but I have the feeling I already know where it is going...and I believe that ethnicity could be a factor. Also, they need a emoticon for shaking one's head
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkman2 View Post
    This may or ay not be within the rules of the forum so I apologize in advance for this posting and if the moderators feel it necessary to move it to another area please do so. Whether you OC or CC, I have this feeling that our RKBA is going to be put in question on whether we have the right to protect ourselves outside our homes. With the recent events in Boston (the shoot out with police) and the US Senate voting against the proposed legislation on UBC's, I have the really nasty feeling that we haven't seen anything yet. I am going to watch the reports on the two suspects to see where the media will take this, but I have the feeling I already know where it is going...and I believe that ethnicity could be a factor. Also, they need a emoticon for shaking one's head
    Couldn't agree more!

Even before the massive gunfight last night where a LEO was killed and another wounded, this was headed into "Guns are bad" territory.

All the anti's are scrambling up the bodies to get a better platform to wail from.

Re: It's not over

From everything I am seeing on the news it sounds like that shootout was with one of the suspected Boston bombers. It also sounds like he may have had more than a gun laying around. It also sounded like he had a hostage or someone.

I am starting to wonder just how much truth is in some of those rumors that have been going around now

I don't know if there will be anti-gun repercussion from the Boston, MA stuff, after all MA is providing the template for the bans and reduced capacity mags. Once again criminals don't care what the laws say, only the law abiding care. But Reid is holding the legislation in the corner until 'something' else happens at which time he will ram it all down (like the Patriot Act) so it will be passed before anyone can do anything about it.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

As if that's not enough, some would restrict access to gun powder as well... What's next? Show ID to buy a pressure cooker?

In Wake of Boston Attack, Lautenberg to Reintroduce Legislation Requiring Background Checks for Sale of Explosive Powder

...“It is outrageous that anyone, even a known terrorist, can walk into a store in America and buy explosives without any questions asked,” said Senator Lautenberg. “If we are serious about public safety, we must put these common-sense safeguards in place. While the police have not revealed what specific explosive materials were used in Boston, what we do know is that explosive powder is too easy to anonymously purchase across the country.”...
    http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/new...cfm?id=341435&

Quote Originally Posted by eyesopened View Post
    As if that's not enough, some would restrict access to gun powder as well... What's next? Show ID to buy a pressure cooker?
    Sure, why not? Already previously must for agricultural quantities of NH4 anhydrous ammonia, NH4NO3 ammonium nitrate.

How about potassium nitrate or sulphur for black powder? Cyanide for bug killing jars - when I was a kid I had to sign for it from the pharmacist.

High school chemistry no longer teaches enough chemistry to make neat stuff, as they did at Santa Clara HS, in order to castrate resistant Americans. Merely consider hay bales; I threw hay, on the family ranch across from Moffet NAS, from the time I was big enough to help until 5-wire bales; Americans castrated by the easy mechanized life.

It's not over

If I were in charge, I'd outlaw Chechen terrorists and confiscate them all.

The leg does not need to be amputated for a common cold. The scalpel happy approach to our rights will leave us lame and crippled.

I'm waiting for the Chosen One to be on the news today declaring the establishment of the first galactic empire.

Re: It's not over

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post

I'm waiting for the Chosen One to be on the news today declaring the establishment of the first galactic empire.
    That was last month

Well, both Obama and his vice dufus in their most recent speechifications (the one they refused to let the press attend) said that they have alternate plans coming. I'm waiting for us to all find out just how much Obama believes he can dictate about this via executive order as I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see an end around play made like that...real soon.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    That would be a state issue, not a federal one. I do not see this happening in Virginia.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Banned
    I think that folks in New England area, are, population in general, the biggest bunch of panzies I have ever seen. I live here in NE and the people are nice, like everywhere else, but there must be something in the environment where people who own a remington 870 think that they are on the fringe of being a terrorist.

People scream "I'm for gun rights" blah blah blah but do nothing and then just comply w/o complaint with whatever laws they want us to follow...saying "well, I don't like it-I'll vote these people out" (like that is ever going to happen in our lifetime in NE...ie delusional). It makes me laugh. These people annoy me worse than feinsteins ....

So I think we'll see the country being segmented into areas where those who have their gun rights and panzie areas where people will just cry about things and end up like the UK with big brother all over and no gun rights at all.

Gunpowder Regulation

Yes it has started. Lautenberg has proposed the regulation of gunpowder. Buy it now before it becomes as rare and expensive as .223!

Sorry for no link, my likkfu isn't working well, but it is already on the St. Louis gun rights examiner.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that folks in New England area, are, population in general, the biggest bunch of panzies I have ever seen. I live here in NE and the people are nice, like everywhere else, but there must be something in the environment where people who own a remington 870 think that they are on the fringe of being a terrorist.

People scream "I'm for gun rights" blah blah blah but do nothing and then just comply w/o complaint with whatever laws they want us to follow...saying "well, I don't like it-I'll vote these people out" (like that is ever going to happen in our lifetime in NE...ie delusional). It makes me laugh. These people annoy me worse than feinsteins ....

So I think we'll see the country being segmented into areas where those who have their gun rights and panzie areas where people will just cry about things and end up like the UK with big brother all over and no gun rights at all.
    You shouldn't link all New England states together. NH has very few gun restrictions, except in a vehicle, and Vermont is the original constitutional carry state. Maine is an excellent open carry state with an excellent open carry advocay group (MOCA)
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    Yes it has started. Lautenberg has proposed the regulation of gunpowder. Buy it now before it becomes as rare and expensive as .223!

Sorry for no link, my likkfu isn't working well, but it is already on the St. Louis gun rights examiner.

Live Free or Die,
    Thundar
    Becomes?????????

It's not over

I don't even look for .223 anymore. I just get 5.56.

Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    I don't even look for .223 anymore. I just get 5.56.
    I can cast and swage for everything I own, have a lifetime supply of lead and a lot of jackets, probablt a couple of years worth of assorted powder and a fair number of primers.

I guess it just depends on how long I live.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I can cast and swage for everything I own, have a lifetime supply of lead and a lot of jackets, probablt a couple of years worth of assorted powder and a fair number of primers.

They have you surrounded ...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    That would be a state issue, not a federal one. I do not see this happening in Virginia.
    I wonder if it would be so far fetched for the gubment to pass some sort of regulation, whether it be by EO or by Congress with a stipulation that if any state doesn't comply with the regulation then that state will lose ALL federal funding for schools, health care, roads, etc. I believe that a cash strapped state would capitulate to any requirement from the feds just to keep from losing the money.
    Last edited by sparkman2; 04-19-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They have you surrounded ...
    Then Peter has them right where he wants them - poor fools.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It's not over

I have yet to obtain those master Jedi skills.

May you live long and prosper.

Star Wars and Star Trek. LOL

It's not over

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Then Peter has them right where he wants them - poor fools.
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them." – General "Chesty" Puller, November 1950, Chosin Reservoir campaign.

I wonder if it would be so far fetched for the gubment to pass some sort of regulation, whether it be by EO or by Congress with a stipulation that if any state doesn't comply with the regulation then that state will lose ALL federal funding for schools, health care, roads, etc. I believe that a cash strapped state would capitulate to any requirement from the feds just to keep from losing the money.
    It's standard procedure Sparkman. Not ALL Federal money, but some.

That's what gave us seat belt laws, standards of excellence, Highway speed limits.....many, many things.

It's standard procedure Sparkman. Not ALL Federal money, but some.

That's what gave us seat belt laws, standards of excellence, Highway speed limits.....many, many things.
    I remember reading one of my "this is how it's done in the USA and why" books soon after I arrived here and it was talking about the Louisiana/Texas border back in the days when those states had different drinking ages. One was 18 and one was 21 and it talked about a stretch of highway that was notorious for accidents due to 18-20 year olds traveling to get alcohol. It went on to say that the federal government couldn't order the age to be 21 throughout the country, so the way they got the 18 state (and I can't remember which of the 2 was 18 and which was 21, and I can't find the book right now to check) to change their law to 21 was to cut federal highway funding, justifying it by claiming the fact of there being accidents on a road linking 2 states gave them the right to cut federal highway funds until the drinking age was raised.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    I remember reading one of my "this is how it's done in the USA and why" books soon after I arrived here and it was talking about the Louisiana/Texas border back in the days when those states had different drinking ages. One was 18 and one was 21 and it talked about a stretch of highway that was notorious for accidents due to 18-20 year olds traveling to get alcohol. It went on to say that the federal government couldn't order the age to be 21 throughout the country, so the way they got the 18 state (and I can't remember which of the 2 was 18 and which was 21, and I can't find the book right now to check) to change their law to 21 was to cut federal highway funding, justifying it by claiming the fact of there being accidents on a road linking 2 states gave them the right to cut federal highway funds until the drinking age was raised.
    If you want an excellent example do a little research on the REAL ID controversy.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I'm sure you're right about this. Blackmail has been a mainstay of the federal government over the states since the 1950's. Yes, it appeared before that but it was the interstate highway system that really opened that door.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!