• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's not over

sparkman2

This may or ay not be within the rules of the forum so I apologize in advance for this posting and if the moderators feel it necessary to move it to another area please do so. Whether you OC or CC, I have this feeling that our RKBA is going to be put in question on whether we have the right to protect ourselves outside our homes. With the recent events in Boston (the shoot out with police) and the US Senate voting against the proposed legislation on UBC's, I have the really nasty feeling that we haven't seen anything yet. I am going to watch the reports on the two suspects to see where the media will take this, but I have the feeling I already know where it is going...and I believe that ethnicity could be a factor. Also, they need a emoticon for shaking one's head

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This may or ay not be within the rules of the forum so I apologize in advance for this posting and if the moderators feel it necessary to move it to another area please do so. Whether you OC or CC, I have this feeling that our RKBA is going to be put in question on whether we have the right to protect ourselves outside our homes. With the recent events in Boston (the shoot out with police) and the US Senate voting against the proposed legislation on UBC's, I have the really nasty feeling that we haven't seen anything yet. I am going to watch the reports on the two suspects to see where the media will take this, but I have the feeling I already know where it is going...and I believe that ethnicity could be a factor. Also, they need a emoticon for shaking one's head

Couldn't agree more!

Even before the massive gunfight last night where a LEO was killed and another wounded, this was headed into "Guns are bad" territory.

All the anti's are scrambling up the bodies to get a better platform to wail from.

crazydude6030

From everything I am seeing on the news it sounds like that shootout was with one of the suspected Boston bombers. It also sounds like he may have had more than a gun laying around. It also sounded like he had a hostage or someone.

I am starting to wonder just how much truth is in some of those rumors that have been going around now

nuc65

Activist Member
I don't know if there will be anti-gun repercussion from the Boston, MA stuff, after all MA is providing the template for the bans and reduced capacity mags. Once again criminals don't care what the laws say, only the law abiding care. But Reid is holding the legislation in the corner until 'something' else happens at which time he will ram it all down (like the Patriot Act) so it will be passed before anyone can do anything about it.

eyesopened

As if that's not enough, some would restrict access to gun powder as well... What's next? Show ID to buy a pressure cooker?

In Wake of Boston Attack, Lautenberg to Reintroduce Legislation Requiring Background Checks for Sale of Explosive Powder

...“It is outrageous that anyone, even a known terrorist, can walk into a store in America and buy explosives without any questions asked,” said Senator Lautenberg. “If we are serious about public safety, we must put these common-sense safeguards in place. While the police have not revealed what specific explosive materials were used in Boston, what we do know is that explosive powder is too easy to anonymously purchase across the country.”...

http://www.lautenberg.senate.gov/newsroom/record.cfm?id=341435&

palerider116

If I were in charge, I'd outlaw Chechen terrorists and confiscate them all.

The leg does not need to be amputated for a common cold. The scalpel happy approach to our rights will leave us lame and crippled.

I'm waiting for the Chosen One to be on the news today declaring the establishment of the first galactic empire.

Glockster

Well, both Obama and his vice dufus in their most recent speechifications (the one they refused to let the press attend) said that they have alternate plans coming. I'm waiting for us to all find out just how much Obama believes he can dictate about this via executive order as I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see an end around play made like that...real soon.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

That would be a state issue, not a federal one. I do not see this happening in Virginia.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that folks in New England area, are, population in general, the biggest bunch of panzies I have ever seen. I live here in NE and the people are nice, like everywhere else, but there must be something in the environment where people who own a remington 870 think that they are on the fringe of being a terrorist.

People scream "I'm for gun rights" blah blah blah but do nothing and then just comply w/o complaint with whatever laws they want us to follow...saying "well, I don't like it-I'll vote these people out" (like that is ever going to happen in our lifetime in NE...ie delusional). It makes me laugh. These people annoy me worse than feinsteins ....

So I think we'll see the country being segmented into areas where those who have their gun rights and panzie areas where people will just cry about things and end up like the UK with big brother all over and no gun rights at all.

Thundar

Gunpowder Regulation

Yes it has started. Lautenberg has proposed the regulation of gunpowder. Buy it now before it becomes as rare and expensive as .223!

Sorry for no link, my likkfu isn't working well, but it is already on the St. Louis gun rights examiner.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Thundar

I think that folks in New England area, are, population in general, the biggest bunch of panzies I have ever seen. I live here in NE and the people are nice, like everywhere else, but there must be something in the environment where people who own a remington 870 think that they are on the fringe of being a terrorist.

People scream "I'm for gun rights" blah blah blah but do nothing and then just comply w/o complaint with whatever laws they want us to follow...saying "well, I don't like it-I'll vote these people out" (like that is ever going to happen in our lifetime in NE...ie delusional). It makes me laugh. These people annoy me worse than feinsteins ....

So I think we'll see the country being segmented into areas where those who have their gun rights and panzie areas where people will just cry about things and end up like the UK with big brother all over and no gun rights at all.

You shouldn't link all New England states together. NH has very few gun restrictions, except in a vehicle, and Vermont is the original constitutional carry state. Maine is an excellent open carry state with an excellent open carry advocay group (MOCA)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yes it has started. Lautenberg has proposed the regulation of gunpowder. Buy it now before it becomes as rare and expensive as .223!

Sorry for no link, my likkfu isn't working well, but it is already on the St. Louis gun rights examiner.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Becomes?????????

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I don't even look for .223 anymore. I just get 5.56.

I can cast and swage for everything I own, have a lifetime supply of lead and a lot of jackets, probablt a couple of years worth of assorted powder and a fair number of primers.

I guess it just depends on how long I live.:lol:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I can cast and swage for everything I own, have a lifetime supply of lead and a lot of jackets, probablt a couple of years worth of assorted powder and a fair number of primers.

They have you surrounded ...

sparkman2

That would be a state issue, not a federal one. I do not see this happening in Virginia.

I wonder if it would be so far fetched for the gubment to pass some sort of regulation, whether it be by EO or by Congress with a stipulation that if any state doesn't comply with the regulation then that state will lose ALL federal funding for schools, health care, roads, etc. :question: I believe that a cash strapped state would capitulate to any requirement from the feds just to keep from losing the money.

Last edited:

palerider116

I have yet to obtain those master Jedi skills.

May you live long and prosper.

Star Wars and Star Trek. LOL