Thread: 8th grader suspended for wearing NRA tee shirt

8th grader suspended for wearing NRA tee shirt

Looks like one of your neighbors could use some help.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264...er-gun-t-shirt

TFred

Banned
    Time for a tattoo ... then what?

Duh .... these people are idiots .. its a political speech.

They have started telling kids that they cannot have political speech ...

if the school policy had been that no one can wear any kind of shirt with words on it. then the kid wouldn't have a foot to stand on. but the reporter (kudos to her) tried to find anything against it and couldn't.

the really bad thing about this was the kid was arrested and charged. i wonder if they did this to get a plea deal. like did they know this was stupid and are trying to scare the people into dropping everything
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Obstruction? How?

Interferring with the educational process? Who started the ruckus? (And prove that "education" was taking place, as opposed to political indoctrination.)

I guess the New World Order's orders are for us to roll over showing our belly.

I hope dad does not settle for an apology and a nolle prosse.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Possible Ka-ching moment. May be a college fund in the making.

Hope we see more information on this and that they are not intimidated. It appears that neither the father nor his son are.

IMO - the law enforcement community should have known better than to get involved. What statute or ordinance was violated?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The only thing I can find that's even close...

§61-6-14. Disturbance of schools, societies, and other assemblies; penalty.
    If any person willfully interrupt, molest or disturb any free school, Sunday school, or other school, a school exhibition, or any literary society, or any other society or meeting formed or convened for intellectual, social or moral improvement, or for improvement in music, either vocal or instrumental, or for any moral or social amusement, or any other society organized or carried on under or in pursuance of the laws of this state, or any fourth of July celebration, Christmas tree, or church festival, or any other festival, or any society, lawfully carried on, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, shall be fined not less than ten nor more than fifty dollars, and, at the discretion of the court, be confined in jail not more than thirty days in addition to such fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post

the really bad thing about this was the kid was arrested and charged. i wonder if they did this to get a plea deal. like did they know this was stupid and are trying to scare the people into dropping everything
    And then they run into people like me ... who respond just the opposite of what they desire ....

well, maybe this high school law instructor who called the cops should familiarize himself with this legal theory...

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress
    42 USC 1983.

I hope this police officer will be able to memorize it when they're done, preferably by having to write it on the memo line of his court ordered monthly payments......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    well, maybe this high school law instructor who called the cops should familiarize himself with this legal theory...

42 USC 1983.

I hope this police officer will be able to memorize it when they're done, preferably by having to write it on the memo line of his court ordered monthly payments......
    Except that sxn 1983 doesn't appear to have any effect in the Fourth Circuit.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Put this image on your child's T-shirt and send em to school:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Put this image on your child's T-shirt and send em to school:

See, even God is armed .... not that he could not send lighting bolts down ...

Holy threadcromancy.

At least our trolls in the Wisco forum know how to troll.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie