Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stay home - cops tell everyone in boston

Banned

Stay home - cops tell everyone in boston

(CBS/AP) WATERTOWN, Mass. - All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning after the suspects in the marathon bombings allegedly killed an MIT police officer overnight, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt, authorities said.

Are they retarded? A whole city?

Then they may as well tell everyone in Chgo to stay home EVERY DAY as more than 3 died each die.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...bing-suspects/

They should say "come out and carry your guns"
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 04-19-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    (CBS/AP) WATERTOWN, Mass. - All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning after the suspects in the marathon bombings allegedly killed an MIT police officer overnight, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt, authorities said.

Are they retarded? A whole city?

Then they may as well tell everyone in Chgo to stay home EVERY DAY as more than 3 died each die.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...bing-suspects/

They should say "come out and carry your guns"
    I will tell them to stay in for a completely different reason.....

Imagine how amp'd up these cops are right now. Trigger fingers are itchy. The last thing anybody wants it to be shot for stepping outside your door with the wrong foot first.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Interesting question though. Is such an order even legal?

Sounds like martial law to me.

I appreciate their problem, but many will need food, medication and other necessities and since LE is not responsible for my safety, I might need more ammo.

ps - see edit reason below
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-19-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Correct use of martial vs marshall
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ...Sounds like marshall law to me...
    Or at the very least, martial law...

Is it legal ... Probably not. But do we have to fight the police about everything. This is not criminal on criminal crime. People were murdered here. A Police Officer was murdered here. There is a strong possibility that others may be in danger.

How about being prepared ... have at least three days of food and medication on hand. As for other necessities ... like what ... KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Or at the very least, martial law...
    Oooops - brain phart.

I must have been thinking about Gen. Geo. C. Marshall or SCOTUS Chief Justice John C. Marshall when I typed that. Too many bugs caught in the cob-webs up there. Nice thing about this forum is that there is always someone who will turn a knight errant around and set him straight.

I go back and fix it, yes?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    Is it legal ... Probably not. But do we have to fight the police about everything. This is not criminal on criminal crime. People were murdered here. A Police Officer was murdered here. There is a strong possibility that others may be in danger.

How about being prepared ... have at least three days of food and medication on hand. As for other necessities ... like what ... KFC.
    My query had nothing to do with fighting the police. I have stood in support of them or at least maintained neutrality to the point of being called an "LEO apologists"- which is patently untrue.

I understand their problem. I also recognize that there have been some very public debacles - think about the aftermath of Katrina. My question was posited as to whether the people of Boston might be subject to arrest for not obeying the demand/request. Please don't read too much into my words.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Oooops - brain phart.

I must have been thinking about Gen. Geo. C. Marshall or SCOTUS Chief Justice John C. Marshall when I typed that. Too many bugs caught in the cob-webs up there. Nice thing about this forum is that there is always someone who will turn a knight errant around and set him straight.

I go back and fix it, yes?
    No fixies ! lol I knew what you meant ... this is not a doctoral thesis in engrish , right?

It's amazing that he escaped. That's really mind boggling considering the manpower already deployed and the National Guard was out there also.

I'm scratching my head.

Ohhh yes, of course, the people should have their rights trampled just for a warm fuzzy feeling of safety.

I DON'T THINK SO!
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Suspect found alive and is surrounded. Time for Miranda.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    Suspect found alive and is surrounded. Time for Miranda.
    Why, does he have the fire-grenade?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Why, does he have the fire-grenade?
    An assault pressure cooker with quad rail and telescoping stock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palerider116 View Post
    An assault pressure cooker with quad rail and telescoping stock.
    Is that a semi-automatic or fully auto cooker?

Select pressure settings.

Centurion

Don't forget the "black thingy that goes up" of Feinstein fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Don't forget the "black thingy that goes up" of Feinstein fame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And a bayonet lug.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Ohhh yes, of course, the people should have their rights trampled just for a warm fuzzy feeling of safety.

I DON'T THINK SO!
    I'm all for standing up for ones rights. However, with rights comes responsibilities. In this situation if a police officer instructed me to stay inside for my safety I would say thank you and comply rather than efff uuuu I have rights.

Are you aware of anyone's rights being trampled?

Banned

The mere act of requiring folks to stay inside was the trampling of the rights. Personally, I would have walked around in deliberate defiance of a silly unconstitutional and unenforceable order, shutting down a whole city while they looked for one man.

This was not only a violation of the rights of millions. It was stupid. I believe the whole exercise was a result of the misbegotten belief that only the police can keep you safe.

If nothing else, the Boston bombing proved that no one can keep you safe. Especially not the police.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

I'm all for standing up for ones rights. However, with rights comes responsibilities. In this situation if a police officer instructed me to stay inside for my safety I would say thank you and comply rather than efff uuuu I have rights.

Are you aware of anyone's rights being trampled?
    In an immediate TACTICAL situation, a policeman MIGHT have the authority to do this in a small area. But are you seriously suggesting that it's okay to lockdown a city?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The mere act of requiring folks to stay inside was the trampling of the rights. Personally, I would have walked around in deliberate defiance of a silly unconstitutional and unenforceable order, shutting down a whole city while they looked for one man.

This was not only a violation of the rights of millions. It was stupid. I believe the whole exercise was a result of the misbegotten belief that only the police can keep you safe.

If nothing else, the Boston bombing proved that no one can keep you safe. Especially not the police.

<o>
    AND they found the suspect BECAUSE they lifted the curfew. Once they let the people out of home jail one of them found the suspect.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    In an immediate TACTICAL situation, a policeman MIGHT have the authority to do this in a small area. But are you seriously suggesting that it's okay to lockdown a city?
    As I watch on TV the oppressed citizens of the Boston area applaud the departing law enforcement officers for a job well done ....

Banned

As I watch on TV the oppressed citizens of the Boston area applaud the departing law enforcement officers for a job well done ....
    The sheep population of the US is growing exponentially. Fortunately, most of them are collected into concentration camps known as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, etc.

<o>

Cattle led to slaughter will eat out of the butchers hand...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    It was actually a six year old kid who found out who they were by playing a game of where's Waldo-like game.

Boston folks are not very bright ... all those schools and none of the graduates stay in the area ...

Yea! You made me a prisoner .. like a hollywood actress on coke...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast