• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stay home - cops tell everyone in boston

davidmcbeth

Banned
(CBS/AP) WATERTOWN, Mass. - All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning after the suspects in the marathon bombings allegedly killed an MIT police officer overnight, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt, authorities said.

Are they retarded? A whole city?

Then they may as well tell everyone in Chgo to stay home EVERY DAY as more than 3 died each die.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...f-events-in-the-manhunt-for-bombing-suspects/

They should say "come out and carry your guns"

Last edited:

Tucker6900

(CBS/AP) WATERTOWN, Mass. - All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning after the suspects in the marathon bombings allegedly killed an MIT police officer overnight, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt, authorities said.

Are they retarded? A whole city?

Then they may as well tell everyone in Chgo to stay home EVERY DAY as more than 3 died each die.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...f-events-in-the-manhunt-for-bombing-suspects/

They should say "come out and carry your guns"

I will tell them to stay in for a completely different reason.....

Imagine how amp'd up these cops are right now. Trigger fingers are itchy. The last thing anybody wants it to be shot for stepping outside your door with the wrong foot first.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Interesting question though. Is such an order even legal?

Sounds like martial law to me.

I appreciate their problem, but many will need food, medication and other necessities and since LE is not responsible for my safety, I might need more ammo.

ps - see edit reason below

Last edited:

Peacekeeper

Is it legal ... Probably not. But do we have to fight the police about everything. This is not criminal on criminal crime. People were murdered here. A Police Officer was murdered here. There is a strong possibility that others may be in danger.

How about being prepared ... have at least three days of food and medication on hand. As for other necessities ... like what ... KFC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Or at the very least, martial law... ;)

Oooops - brain phart.

I must have been thinking about Gen. Geo. C. Marshall or SCOTUS Chief Justice John C. Marshall when I typed that. Too many bugs caught in the cob-webs up there. Nice thing about this forum is that there is always someone who will turn a knight errant around and set him straight.

I go back and fix it, yes?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it legal ... Probably not. But do we have to fight the police about everything. This is not criminal on criminal crime. People were murdered here. A Police Officer was murdered here. There is a strong possibility that others may be in danger.

How about being prepared ... have at least three days of food and medication on hand. As for other necessities ... like what ... KFC.

My query had nothing to do with fighting the police. I have stood in support of them or at least maintained neutrality to the point of being called an "LEO apologists"- which is patently untrue.

I understand their problem. I also recognize that there have been some very public debacles - think about the aftermath of Katrina. My question was posited as to whether the people of Boston might be subject to arrest for not obeying the demand/request. Please don't read too much into my words.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Oooops - brain phart.

I must have been thinking about Gen. Geo. C. Marshall or SCOTUS Chief Justice John C. Marshall when I typed that. Too many bugs caught in the cob-webs up there. Nice thing about this forum is that there is always someone who will turn a knight errant around and set him straight.

I go back and fix it, yes?

No fixies ! lol I knew what you meant ... this is not a doctoral thesis in engrish , right?

palerider116

It's amazing that he escaped. That's really mind boggling considering the manpower already deployed and the National Guard was out there also.

I'm scratching my head.

WalkingWolf

Ohhh yes, of course, the people should have their rights trampled just for a warm fuzzy feeling of safety.

I DON'T THINK SO!

Peacekeeper

Ohhh yes, of course, the people should have their rights trampled just for a warm fuzzy feeling of safety.

I DON'T THINK SO!

I'm all for standing up for ones rights. However, with rights comes responsibilities. In this situation if a police officer instructed me to stay inside for my safety I would say thank you and comply rather than efff uuuu I have rights.

Are you aware of anyone's rights being trampled?

eye95

The mere act of requiring folks to stay inside was the trampling of the rights. Personally, I would have walked around in deliberate defiance of a silly unconstitutional and unenforceable order, shutting down a whole city while they looked for one man.

This was not only a violation of the rights of millions. It was stupid. I believe the whole exercise was a result of the misbegotten belief that only the police can keep you safe.

If nothing else, the Boston bombing proved that no one can keep you safe. Especially not the police.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'm all for standing up for ones rights. However, with rights comes responsibilities. In this situation if a police officer instructed me to stay inside for my safety I would say thank you and comply rather than efff uuuu I have rights.

Are you aware of anyone's rights being trampled?

In an immediate TACTICAL situation, a policeman MIGHT have the authority to do this in a small area. But are you seriously suggesting that it's okay to lockdown a city?