Thread: Walker won't push for Wis. gun background checks

Walker won't push for Wis. gun background checks

I just read an article in the Pioneer Press that Walker will not push for background checks to close loopholes but will focus on treating mental illness. Now the US senate defeated this type of bill and Rep Richards has introduced a bill on this issue that is not been brought to the floor. What got my attention was the Marquette University poll shows that 81 percent want the universal background checks and 51 percent favor banning assault weapons.
    Now those numbers seem very high to me. Do they to you too?

here are the articles: http://www.twincities.com/wisconsin/...twincities.com

https://law.marquette.edu/poll/.

Who is polled (cuckold's horns cut off) counts less than who counts the poll - Marquette U.

Re: Walker won't push for Wis. gun background checks

First, they intentionally oversampled Milwaukee.

Second, while I don't recall the exact wording used for the question, it was phrased in such a way as to almost guarantee an answer in the affirmative.

Third, the poll was conducted right after Sandy Hook, when emotional responses were beating out logical ones. We've since seen people start leaning back towards reason again.

I couldn't possibly care less what the majority wants. Popular opinion must never be allowed to dictate our liberties.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by both the U.S. Constitution and the Wisconsin State Constitution. Constitutions are diliberately made hard to change and are made to protect our rights from both government and the will of the sheeple.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    I couldn't possibly care less what the majority wants. Popular opinion must never be allowed to dictate our liberties.

The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by both the U.S. Constitution and the Wisconsin State Constitution. Constitutions are diliberately made hard to change and are made to protect our rights from both government and the will of the sheeple.
    What he said....

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    What he said....
    The irony is unbearable, Rosebud.

Nicely Stated

but doesn't mean much when the a constitution is de facto amended by statute or court decision and the people do not recognize much less oppose such moves.

Three cheers and a tiger for you for stating this phrase correctly. Just a small raspberry for the typo/misspelling below.