Thread: Ya gotta love the irony!

Banned

Ya gotta love the irony!

The older suspect died at Beth Israel Hospital. How ironic!

The irony of his brother's driving over him likely contributing to his death too is kinda fitting!

"Losers," the uncle called them. Nailed it!

More irony: The second suspect was finally caught after (and because) ordinary citizens had been regranted their right to move about.

There is a LOT to learn from this bit of history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Banned

Ya gotta love the irony!

I think many police refuse to accept that the single most important factor in preventing and dealing with crime is vigilant citizens! To recognize that fact would diminish their role.

Not all, but many.

<o>

The main pictures was not a result of the patriot act, it was the result of PRIVATE security cameras from a corporate entity. The news media as pathetic as they are routinely made contact with suspect relatives HOURS before the FBI. 2 kids kept a entire major city on lockdown for days. The FBI HAD the older suspect two years ago, and failed in their profiling of him. Hopefully some media sources point out the many blunders of the federal government.

The Irony is the inemic claims that the government can provide safety for the people, the claim is an outright joke. The use of a common pressure cooker is a clear indication that laws banning and restricting are useless and a waste of tax payer money.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

good point WOLF

EYE i would mention something you have preached on hundreds of times. they were not convicted of anything. you are taking LE's word for it. they could have been two people accused of something and were running because they thought that they wouldn't make it to jail. we don't have a trial to establish the facts in the case, and we probably never will. i wouldn't be surprised if the surviving suspect ends up in Guantanamo, without a trial
    Last edited by papa bear; 04-20-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Banned
    Innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard, not a moral one.

There is enough information out there to support a moral (not a legal) conclusion that these two losers were the bombers. They cannot be legally assessed any denial of rights to life, Liberty, or property without due process. However, public opinion and mine are not so restricted as we cannot assess any denial of rights.

Despite being acquitted, I continue to believe that OJ did it and Casey Anthony did it. However, they will never be punished criminally for these crimes because due process failed to achieve convictions. This is as it should be. We just need more competent prosecutors!

actually i believe to be more moral then legal, most of the time you must prove yourself innocent

thats real funny the examples you give. OJ was acquitted so not guilty. i believe Anthony was guilty of killing her baby and covering it up. I do think she locked the kid in the trunk while she partied

i still believe there wasn't enough evidence to convict Scott Peterson, I've always wondered if his girlfriend hadn't done it. she lawyered up awfully quick
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

Banned
    It is moral that it be a legal standard, but there is nothing immoral about believing, based on available information, much of which may not be admissible in court, that someone has committed a particular act.

As I said, I believe that OJ and Casey Anthony both committed the murders for which the were acquitted. Nothing immoral about that. I believe, based on the photographic and video evidence I have seen, that the individual in custody IS one of the two bombers. As I will not be assessing him any legal consequences, I am perfectly moral in my belief.

Were my judgment to result in his loss of rights (say I was on his jury), then, yes, I would be required to follow the rules of due process to make the legal determination of his guilt, which would include starting from an assumption that he did not do it and requiring the prosecution to prove otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt to a moral certainty.

I have no doubt that there are people who claim that they will make no such non-legal judgment. I don't believe them.

sorry eye as you have said many times. what you saw was a picture of two people at the marathon, no connection to the bombs. all you have is the one side of the story.

prejudice is a prejudgement, which by definition is immoral

you wouldn't want to be thought of as a hypocrite, would you?

- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Also, I hope this wakes people up on the immigration deal that America needs to STOP letting muslim males into our country.

The best way to end Islamic tyranny is so expose it to the withering sun of (classically) liberal society.

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    Is it aggressive?

Prejudice and bigotry are another's personal point of view, values with which you disagree. Prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate certificates from the school of hard knocks.

Banned

Ya gotta love the irony!

sorry eye as you have said many times. what you saw was a picture of two people at the marathon, no connection to the bombs. all you have is the one side of the story.

you wouldn't want to be thought of as a hypocrite, would you?
    There is a lot more than A picture of two people at the marathon.

Moving on.

<o>