• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ya gotta love the irony!

eye95

The older suspect died at Beth Israel Hospital. How ironic!

The irony of his brother's driving over him likely contributing to his death too is kinda fitting!

"Losers," the uncle called them. Nailed it!

More irony: The second suspect was finally caught after (and because) ordinary citizens had been regranted their right to move about.

There is a LOT to learn from this bit of history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Ca Patriot

I heard one of the police staters on TV talking about how the Patriot Act was essential to catching these guys.

What nonsense.

It was simply citizens with cameras that solved this case.

The patriot act didnt prevent these terrorist attacks and it didnt solve them.

Also, I hope this wakes people up on the immigration deal that America needs to STOP letting muslim males into our country.

We dont need them and we dont want them.

eye95

I think many police refuse to accept that the single most important factor in preventing and dealing with crime is vigilant citizens! To recognize that fact would diminish their role.

Not all, but many.

<o>

WalkingWolf

The main pictures was not a result of the patriot act, it was the result of PRIVATE security cameras from a corporate entity. The news media as pathetic as they are routinely made contact with suspect relatives HOURS before the FBI. 2 kids kept a entire major city on lockdown for days. The FBI HAD the older suspect two years ago, and failed in their profiling of him. Hopefully some media sources point out the many blunders of the federal government.

The Irony is the inemic claims that the government can provide safety for the people, the claim is an outright joke. The use of a common pressure cooker is a clear indication that laws banning and restricting are useless and a waste of tax payer money.

papa bear

good point WOLF

EYE i would mention something you have preached on hundreds of times. they were not convicted of anything. you are taking LE's word for it. they could have been two people accused of something and were running because they thought that they wouldn't make it to jail. we don't have a trial to establish the facts in the case, and we probably never will. i wouldn't be surprised if the surviving suspect ends up in Guantanamo, without a trial

Last edited:

eye95

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard, not a moral one.

There is enough information out there to support a moral (not a legal) conclusion that these two losers were the bombers. They cannot be legally assessed any denial of rights to life, Liberty, or property without due process. However, public opinion and mine are not so restricted as we cannot assess any denial of rights.

Despite being acquitted, I continue to believe that OJ did it and Casey Anthony did it. However, they will never be punished criminally for these crimes because due process failed to achieve convictions. This is as it should be. We just need more competent prosecutors!

papa bear

actually i believe to be more moral then legal, most of the time you must prove yourself innocent

thats real funny the examples you give. OJ was acquitted so not guilty. i believe Anthony was guilty of killing her baby and covering it up. I do think she locked the kid in the trunk while she partied

i still believe there wasn't enough evidence to convict Scott Peterson, I've always wondered if his girlfriend hadn't done it. she lawyered up awfully quick

eye95

It is moral that it be a legal standard, but there is nothing immoral about believing, based on available information, much of which may not be admissible in court, that someone has committed a particular act.

As I said, I believe that OJ and Casey Anthony both committed the murders for which the were acquitted. Nothing immoral about that. I believe, based on the photographic and video evidence I have seen, that the individual in custody IS one of the two bombers. As I will not be assessing him any legal consequences, I am perfectly moral in my belief.

Were my judgment to result in his loss of rights (say I was on his jury), then, yes, I would be required to follow the rules of due process to make the legal determination of his guilt, which would include starting from an assumption that he did not do it and requiring the prosecution to prove otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt to a moral certainty.

I have no doubt that there are people who claim that they will make no such non-legal judgment. I don't believe them.

papa bear

sorry eye as you have said many times. what you saw was a picture of two people at the marathon, no connection to the bombs. all you have is the one side of the story.

prejudice is a prejudgement, which by definition is immoral

you wouldn't want to be thought of as a hypocrite, would you?

eye95

sorry eye as you have said many times. what you saw was a picture of two people at the marathon, no connection to the bombs. all you have is the one side of the story.

prejudice is a prejudgement, which by definition is immoral

you wouldn't want to be thought of as a hypocrite, would you?

There is a lot more than A picture of two people at the marathon.

Moving on.

<o>