Thread: Truth in advertising?

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar

Truth in advertising?

I'd like to suggest we take some control over the use of the term "gun free zone." We all know there is no such thing---only a desire by some foolish utopian folks that there be such a thing, a fantasy and nothing more. Therefore, I suggest we OCDO fans begin to speak in terms of "so-called gun free zones." Put that "so-called" in there, with the quotes! At best, that is what they are. This is kind of the way the media tries to color our thinking about certain topics they disrespect when they write about them in print, by adding perjorative PREfixes to everything they hate. They say things like "right-wing extremist talk-show host so-and-so," and "fundamentalist evangelical religious leader so-and-so," to paint a picture that is undesireable. Let us turn that technique around, and paint the TRUE picture of GFZ as the joke that it is. Ain't no such thing!! If you write a letter-to-the-editor on the 2A topic, or give a speech, or post on OCDO, won't you try to work this idea into your wording?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Banned
    "So-called" should be a big part of our vocabulary. Was Sandy Hook truly a GFSZ?

We should apply the term to the names of most bills, such as ones that contain the words, "and Second Amendment Protection Act."

[Dr. Phil voice]So. You declared Sandy Hook to be gun-free. How's that workin' out for ya?[/Dr. Phil voice]

Bad guys read the sign as 'Free Victim Zone.'
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Truth in advertising?

I think GFSZ or its derivatives should be renamed to "open range." It is an open range for the predator to feed his murderous desires while the sheep mosey about in ignorant bliss that is shattered by irrevocable horror.

Signs and clever monikers will save us all.

Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    Bad guys read the sign as 'Free Victim Zone.'
    I like yours better
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Truth in advertising? Why not truth in language?

Why not truth in language? Of course then the pedants would have credence clearly revived.

Victor Davis Hanson, A nation of promiscuous prudes

Modern society also resorts to empty, symbolic, moral action when it cannot deal with real problems. So-called assault weapons account for less than 1 percent of gun deaths in America. Still, the country whips itself into a frenzy to ban them, apparently to prove that at least it can do something without wading into the polarized racial and class controversies of going after illegal urban handguns, the real source of the nationís high gun-related body count.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...scuous-prudes/