• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boston PD's blatant disregard for the 4th Amendment: a message for their sycophants

minarchist

[video=youtube;K2LZrmIxCCw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2LZrmIxCCw[/video]

People who think that events like this, which happen once every several years in this country*, justify the massive erosion of our civil liberties, do indeed suffer from the head condition outlined by Mr. Chase's character in the above video clip. There are circumstances whereby death is preferable to life. Would you like to live chained to a bed for a full year, like one of the victims in the movie "Seven"? Well, being straight-jacketed by the state is like being forced to live immobile, and sane people realize that extreme circumstances like this are indeed worse than death. This is precisely why liberty > safety. When protecting life involves measures that make life not worth living, then those measures need to be fought tooth-and-nail.

* Even if this happened all the time, liberty would still trump safety. No one handed me a signed guarantee that life would be safe when I came out of my mother in 1978. People who think that attempts at making life safe by riding rough shod over fundamental liberties have a warped, infantile view of reality.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think you'll get many arguments counter to your thoughts here ... contact your legislators and ask for a law prohibiting such activities ...may not happen but it gets the thought process in motion for these guys sometimes...