• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Empire Strikes Back! "Localities" and "getting guns off the street"

Blk97F150

That's what the want Jester. It's called a chilling effect. Don't play their game!

I think thats it exactly. In additional to the intentions User mentioned in Post #1, I think the police know that word will get around about these arrests, and will serve to 'discourage' many people from carrying firearms... even lawfully...because they know that the normal citizen can't afford to go through the legal process they would be subjected to.

Whats that phrase..... 'you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride'.....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think thats it exactly. In additional to the intentions User mentioned in Post #1, I think the police know that word will get around about these arrests, and will serve to 'discourage' many people from carrying firearms... even lawfully...because they know that the normal citizen can't afford to go through the legal process they would be subjected to.

Whats that phrase..... 'you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride'.....

palerider116

While the focus of this forum is specifically carrying handguns openly, think big picture. It's more than guns. The hungry (ambitious) officer is trained to find guns and drugs. It's cop glory. It's cop mania. Whoever can find the biggest bust is the high school quarterback. The more charges, the better. (The jocks)

Then you have the even more dangerous type that don't know how to spell "Constitution" or abhor civil rights. Be aware of the commissar. "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride" is the mantra, the ethos of this breed of predator. (The bullies)

Those who aren't predatory or have the Gomer Pyle naïveté to just help people get threatened with negative performance ratings, disciplinary probation, or just don't move anywhere in the department. Not enough swagger to sit at the gentlemen's table. (The band geeks)

Then there is the group of officers who don't know what they are doing, right or wrong. The wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead. (The relaxed brain folks)

DISCLAIMER: No offense is intended for any unfair stereotyping that may have occurred. No jocks were harmed in the making of this post.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

That is precisely where WE the people come into play. WE do not abandon our brothers to sink or swim on their own, nor say "Sure glad that didn't happen to me" and walk away. WE step into the breach and lend a hand.

When something like this happens, where the "system" is used under color or law, intimidation or deceit to punish someone for exercising their legal right, it [highlight]seriously impacts us all[/highlight].

Very soon you will start getting some details on one of our own who was driving to an OC diner and two days later arrested in Henrico County for brandishing a firearm (he transfered it from his glove box to a center dash compartment - all legal) and held for almost 13 hours. Yes his gun was confiscated too. There are some "dirty" little details on the part of the officer which we may not be able to make public at this time. The gentleman victimized has had his employment effected (sole bread winner) and can't carry this alone. WE cannot let him - WE will share the burden, lighten the load.

Look for a new thread (to be stickied) soon on where and how you can help - Chapter 2, The Ferry Tale.

JoeSparky

Centurion
That is precisely where WE the people come into play. WE do not abandon our brothers to sink or swim on their own, nor say "Sure glad that didn't happen to me" and walk away. WE step into the breach and lend a hand.

When something like this happens, where the "system" is used under color or law, intimidation or deceit to punish someone for exercising their legal right, it [highlight]seriously impacts us all[/highlight].

Very soon you will start getting some details on one of our own who was driving to an OC diner and two days later arrested in Henrico County for brandishing a firearm (he transfered it from his glove box to a center dash compartment - all legal) and held for almost 13 hours. Yes his gun was confiscated too. There are some "dirty" little details on the part of the officer which we may not be able to make public at this time. The gentleman victimized has had his employment effected (sole bread winner) and can't carry this alone. WE cannot let him - WE will share the burden, lighten the load.

Look for a new thread (to be stickied) soon on where and how you can help - Chapter 2, The Ferry Tale.

Public announcement---- I want to help!

Blk97F150

Waiting patiently... This could very well be 'Surry #2'....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

There is always help available Joe. That's what makes us strong...people like Grapeshot, Skidmark on the front lines, User providing the muscle and all the people here that are mad as hell and ain't gonna take it anymore.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Any and all assistance will be appreciated greatly - soon very soon.

The strategizing is done - We are mobilizing. Listen to our rumble, listen to our roar.

BTW - I am not exaggerating how I feel about this. I am incensed, insulted, pi$$ed off to the nth degree.

They went after a family man who intended no harm to anyone, knows the laws, was acting in accordance with the laws and still they are trying to crush him beneath the wheels of the bus. I am outraged!

[h=3][/h]

palerider116

I too shall help however possible. In the name of justice.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member

The strategizing is done - We are mobilizing. Listen to our rumble, listen to our roar.

BTW - I am not exaggerating how I feel about this. I am incensed, insulted, pi$$ed off to the nth degree.

They went after a family man who intended no harm to anyone, knows the laws, was acting in accordance with the laws and still they are trying to crush him beneath the wheels of the bus. I am outraged!
I'll help as much as I can.

JoeSparky

Centurion

Anytime ANYONE is knowingly abused by an OEO in knowing violation of his rights it is an outrage. Anytime anyone is held to be responsible for any action of another by any OEO even one who wants to be thought of a "reasonable" it is an outrage that will not be tolerated!

MKEgal

Waiting to hear how I can help from afar.
palerider116 said:
Don't answer guilt seeking questions.
asked if he had anything in the car that the police should know about
That is the problem - people thinking that cops "need" to know about lawfully-possessed property, of any kind. (And the cops who play on that brainwashing to trick people into giving them information to use to wrongfully arrest them for committing no crime, & make them feel bad about their lawful activities.)

palerider116 said:
the even more dangerous type that don't know how to spell "Constitution" or abhor civil rights... "You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride" is the mantra, the ethos of this breed of predator. (The bullies)
BTDT. And the worst of it is that the cops are never punished. In fact, they may be rewarded for their bad behaviour. :mad:

MKEgal

Citizen said:
Translation: Emperor Palpatine is gonna get a visit from the Jedi Council.
:monkey :banana:
Could someone with better photoshop skills than mine please take a face shot of user & put it into the hood of a jedi w/ a light saber?
(That also requires a picture of Dan, which I don't think I have. Imagination, that I got lots of.) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

palerider116

Waiting to hear how I can help from afar.

That is the problem - people thinking that cops "need" to know about lawfully-possessed property, of any kind. (And the cops who play on that brainwashing to trick people into giving them information to use to wrongfully arrest them for committing no crime, & make them feel bad about their lawful activities.)

BTDT. And the worst of it is that the cops are never punished. In fact, they may be rewarded for their bad behaviour. :mad:

Yep. Awarded for the numbers. It's a vile game for some agencies.

SAvage410

[h=3][/h]
Say when, Grape. Say when.