• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's the problem w/this boston vid - guy does nothing to stop them

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
The whole (over?)reaction from law enforcement to this has me very concerned. The fact that there isn't more outrage over this is disturbing. Clearly shows what the masses think of their rights. I understand that I wasn't there. I didn't have a group of militants knocking on my door asking to look around. I'm sure it was intimidating. And then they get an "impromptu parade" for their heavy handed tactics.

I hope others were filming as well and there can be a serious national discussion of the extent to which the police may go to track down and capture a fugitive under the protections of our 4th amendment. Was martial law declared there? Do they even have the right to make people prisoners in their own homes?

There was a picture on MSN of a heavily armored and armed vehicle with a whole military type squad hanging off it that had "Boston Police" painted on the front. The fact that ANY civilian PD has this kind of equipment scares me. That should be left for the National Guard; or don't give me a hard time when I want to acquire the same equipment!

rushcreek2

This imposition of martial law without a formal declaration is troubling. It establishes a precent for future undeclared warfare within our communities.

One thing always leads to another. Remember the Aurora, CO martial law executed within a block or two of a bank robbery about a year ago ? Citizens stopped in vehicles at gun-point because they happened to be " there".

davidmcbeth

Banned
The whole (over?)reaction from law enforcement to this has me very concerned. The fact that there isn't more outrage over this is disturbing. Clearly shows what the masses think of their rights.

Bingo ... they don't care ... I've booted cops off my land during an "ongoing investigation" they cry about it but they leave

WalkingWolf

As I understand it the German people cheered the Nazis as they took their rights with jack booted thugs. IMO the gov clearly used this event as a training exercise for both the people and the police. Nauseating!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Would someone please note for me where the 4th Amendment was violated?

I could not tell if they went inside the garage or not, but there was no indication of the door being forced open.

SCOTUS ruled many years ago that trash in cans on the street is fair game.

Now, I probably would have said something to loudspeaker-guy, but that's me.

For the record I agree that much of what took place was over-reaction and security theater, but I am trying real hard to find repeated egregious constitutional rights violations and keep coming up empty.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

I could not tell if they went inside the garage or not, but there was no indication of the door being forced open.

For the record I agree that much of what took place was over-reaction and security theater, but I am trying real hard to find repeated egregious constitutional rights violations and keep coming up empty.

stay safe.

I guess they were looking for bloody clothes in the trash cans, hopefully it wasn't the time of the month for anyone. Unless they actually thought he was in one of the trash cans.

I also thought considering pressure cooker bombs were used how incredibly stupid it was of them to be flipping lids on trash cans. FBI intelligence standards must be slipping...

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

Maybe the residents didnt stop the police because they didnt want a murderous muslim terrorist roaming their neighboorhood with an assault rifle and pipe bombs ?

Maybe the residents enjoy going to family sporting events like marathons without having their 8 yr old children blown to pieces by muslim terrorists ?

Maybe the residents wanted the police to go catch these muslim terrorists and make the streets safer for peaceful people ?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Maybe the residents didnt stop the police because they didnt want a murderous muslim terrorist roaming their neighboorhood with an assault rifle and pipe bombs ?

Maybe the residents enjoy going to family sporting events like marathons without having their 8 yr old children blown to pieces by muslim terrorists ?

Maybe the residents wanted the police to go catch these muslim terrorists and make the streets safer for peaceful people ?

Sooo people let them go into their homes where they knew the guy was not? Oh yesum masta .. you may enter my house for a reason other then what you said.

if people wanted to go to sporting events like a marathon w/o their kids from being blown up then they should fight for their 2nd amendment rights --- hoping the gov't can protect u worked out well this time ... the gov't does not care & they probably loved the opportunity to swarm a whole town

WalkingWolf

sooo people let them go into their homes where they knew the guy was not? Oh yesum masta .. You may enter my house for a reason other then what you said.

If people wanted to go to sporting events like a marathon w/o their kids from being blown up then they should fight for their 2nd amendment rights --- hoping the gov't can protect u worked out well this time ... the gov't does not care & they probably loved the opportunity to swarm a whole town
qft!

Ca Patriot

if people wanted to go to sporting events like a marathon w/o their kids from being blown up then they should fight for their 2nd amendment rights

Yeah, they could just shoot every person who sets down a back pack.

Maybe you should try that at the mall tomorrow.

MatieA

I'm thinking that if there had been more than a few people openly carrying sidearms at this event these guys would have been extremely nervous about hanging around, and there's even a chance that they would not have gone through with it. I don't allow cops to search my bags, or car, so why in the world would I allow them to search my home? If you know he's not there how does it make anyone safer to allow the cops to search?

eye95

stay safe.

Half a dozen armed guys banging on a door, supported by more on the street, including some armored vehicles would make anything think that any "request" by the armed men was an order being made under the color of law.

It is absolutely analogous to being approached by numerous armed cops on the street. Without saying a word, the cops in that situation would be seen by the courts as seizing you. Cops don't have to demand anything for them to be exercising the authority of the State illegally. The level of force that they show is sufficient to turn the politest of requests into demands.

This incident was the violation of the rights of every person in the area. And what galls me is that they just took it. The Whimper Heard 'round the World!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Amazingly, I was pointed to this http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219969 from a blog I check right after checking OCDO.

Look! A list of very specific acts that were, in and of themselves, both egregious and violated the Constitutional rights of the citizens involved.

Wish that sort of list had been here.

stay safe.

crazydude6030

Do we know for fact if any turned them away?

I saw some footage on the news that looked as if people were being forced out of their homes during the search. I wondered if they had any warrant or if it was being done through some public safety.

I would have told them to pound sand or get a warrant, but that's me.

WalkingWolf

Amazingly, I was pointed to this http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219969 from a blog I check right after checking OCDO.

Look! A list of very specific acts that were, in and of themselves, both egregious and violated the Constitutional rights of the citizens involved.

Wish that sort of list had been here.

stay safe.

Thanks for the link to that blog, I am glad I am not the only one who feels as he does. The whole fiasco was huge blunder, not a victory. The terrorist won this one clearly. They successfully terrorized a whole city with simple pressure cookers.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Thanks for the link to that blog, I am glad I am not the only one who feels as he does. The whole fiasco was huge blunder, not a victory. The terrorist won this one clearly. They successfully terrorized a whole city with simple pressure cookers.

Blog does summarize it very well ... he should make a FAIL vid on youtube ... people love watching that kinda stuff...

Fallschirjmäger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

A half-dozen men dressed in body armor, pointing fully automatic weapons in the general directions of innocent citizens and pounding (not pressing the door bell, not knocking, POUNDING) on a door and saying, "Please come out, please raise your hands over your head" cannot afterwards claim that the actions of the citizen were ""voluntary and not in any way coerced."

Last edited:

Tucker6900

This country has been sliding into tyranny for a long time. Over the weekend I had a discussion with a close friend about this, and he made a very disturbing point.

Boston: From the beginning, a key city in the fight for freedom in this country. It has turned into a state with some of the most liberty hating laws in the country, i.e. 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment (http://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recording-guide/state-state-guide/massachusetts), and so on. And now, for all considerations, is the first major city to deploy troops, albeit FBI, state police, DHS, local police, and shut it down. It started there, and will end there.

Some alternative media outlets are reporting over 200 homes were unlawfully entered and searched. Most of the law abiding were forced at gunpoint to leave their homes. There are reports of legally owned firearms being seized, and so on, and so on.

This, in my gravest opinion, was a travesty put on by our own government, as a test for the real deal. The president may not have pushed the button, and there may have been two terrorists who did this, but our .gov allowed this to happen. Which makes them as guilty as the bombers themselves.

If we do not do something soon, this will end badly for the United States and its citizens. You all saw the video, and you all know the outcome. The police did not enact martial law to hunt for an alleged terrorist. They did it to train us. To let us know who they believe is in control. This is of course my opinion, and does not reflect the common thought of any other member here at OCDO. Good luck to you all.

We-the-People

stay safe.

Well let's see......

Federal agents in military garb and large numbers approach the home. That's within constitutional contraints.

The MOMENT they entered the curtilage of the home without either a WARRANT or CONSENT (voluntary consent which is not able to be given facing such a massive show of force leaving us with only WARRANT as an option) they violated the constitution.

The Supreme Court has consistently held the home to be THE MOST protected place under the fourth amendment. Unless the police are in "hot pursuit" and a couple of other "exceptions" (none of which fit this situation) they MUST obtain a warrant or consent. The Court has further been consistent in its findings and holdings that when the government uses massive shows of force to obtain acquiesence, it does not equal consent.

Are you aware that if you have a warrant to arrest Joe, and you know Joe is in my home, you must obtain a warrant (or my consent) to enter my home and get Joe? Yep. Only if you were in hot pursuit at the time Joe entered can you enter my home to arrest him without my consent.

As for loudspeaker guy.....He'd have gotten the response "under what authority" and I would NOT have opened my door without a warrant specifically naming the place to be searched and the items to be seized. If they kicked in my door without a warrant? Well I'm not saying but it would probably be very ugly.