• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's the problem w/this boston vid - guy does nothing to stop them

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

A half-dozen men dressed in body armor, pointing fully automatic weapons in the general directions of innocent citizens and pounding (not pressing the door bell, not knocking, POUNDING) on a door and saying, "Please come out, please raise your hands over your head" cannot afterwards claim that the actions of the citizen were ""voluntary and not in any way coerced."

+1 they did not say "pretty please".

I wonder: has anyone filed a notice of trespass with their state and local governments yet? If not, victim status assured.

OC for ME

<snip> Are you aware that if you have a warrant to arrest Joe, and you know Joe is in my home, you must obtain a warrant (or my consent) to enter my home and get Joe? Yep. Only if you were in hot pursuit at the time Joe entered can you enter my home to arrest him without my consent. <snip>
I would not bet a doughnut on this scenario. I would, if "you" (the cops I presume) did not know Joe was in your home.

If Joe is in your home, and you know it, and the cops know it, and you then shout GET A WARRANT!!! I'll betcha a doughnut that; down goes your door, and you get arrested for harboring a "fugitive" or some such nonsense.

I know, the suspected perp was not a fugitive, but he sure as heck was being pursued as if he were a fugitive.

We-the-People

I would not bet a doughnut on this scenario. I would, if "you" (the cops I presume) did not know Joe was in your home.

If Joe is in your home, and you know it, and the cops know it, and you then shout GET A WARRANT!!! I'll betcha a doughnut that; down goes your door, and you get arrested for harboring a "fugitive" or some such nonsense.

I know, the suspected perp was not a fugitive, but he sure as heck was being pursued as if he were a fugitive.

I'm not saying they definitely wouldn't kick in the door but that if they did, they would be inviolation of the law. The person for whom they had the arrest warrant would find no legal relief but the homeowner would. Anything they might find would be excluded and civil action would almost certainly be sucessful. That's the "beauty" of our system....they can get away with bloody murder (sometimes litterally) and the citizen is hamstrung by a corrupt system that strips them of thousands of dollars while they are opposed by government agents using their own tax dollars against them.