Thread: new to open carry

new to open carry

Hi all new to open carry and does any one know if it legal to open carry in monietau and cole countys ?Also looking for info on meet ups around jefferson city mo. Thanks

welcome to the forum montanaguy!

i never had much success looking up county ordinances. give me a city and i'm all over it. hopefully somebody smarter than me will come along with an answer for you. but i would think that since Jeff City is in Cole county, and OC is legal there, you might be good to go at least there.

always confirm for yourself though.

we do have a few members from the Jefferson City area. they should be along shortly.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

WELCOME Montanaguy!!

From what I have found, which isn't much, but most of the counties (the ones I know of) here in MO have remained silent on OC; they have left it up to the municipalities to make that determination.

Some of the JC folks will chime in on meeting before too long.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Also new to OC

Hello all. I have been browsing the forum and seen a couple posts about OC meetings around the Independence area and or neighboring cities. I would like to get some info on anything like that. I haven't seen any specifics on any threads as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pmccurjr View Post
    Hello all. I have been browsing the forum and seen a couple posts about OC meetings around the Independence area and or neighboring cities. I would like to get some info on anything like that. I haven't seen any specifics on any threads as of yet.
    There is a discussion group here, look down for KC/Independence, thay might have one very soon!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO