• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to open carry

montanaguy

Hi all new to open carry and does any one know if it legal to open carry in monietau and cole countys ?Also looking for info on meet ups around jefferson city mo. Thanks

Broondog

welcome to the forum montanaguy!

i never had much success looking up county ordinances. give me a city and i'm all over it. hopefully somebody smarter than me will come along with an answer for you. but i would think that since Jeff City is in Cole county, and OC is legal there, you might be good to go at least there.

always confirm for yourself though.

we do have a few members from the Jefferson City area. they should be along shortly.

Redbaron007

WELCOME Montanaguy!!

From what I have found, which isn't much, but most of the counties (the ones I know of) here in MO have remained silent on OC; they have left it up to the municipalities to make that determination.

Some of the JC folks will chime in on meeting before too long.

pmccurjr

Also new to OC

Hello all. I have been browsing the forum and seen a couple posts about OC meetings around the Independence area and or neighboring cities. I would like to get some info on anything like that. I haven't seen any specifics on any threads as of yet.

mspgunner

Hello all. I have been browsing the forum and seen a couple posts about OC meetings around the Independence area and or neighboring cities. I would like to get some info on anything like that. I haven't seen any specifics on any threads as of yet.

There is a discussion group here, look down for KC/Independence, thay might have one very soon!