• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boston....was there exigent circumstance?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I just watched the video, it certainly goes against the claims they made in the media that the searches were voluntary.

I was talking about these searches to my wife the other day... the fact that I was very uncomfortable with them. The issue of warrants came up what might happen if a homeowner demanded to see one before allowing the ninja dressed shock troops into his home. Watch this video disgusted me and a phrase came to mind. "This way to the trenches"... think Einsatzgruppen operating in Eastern Europe and the western USSR during WWII.

I also couldn't help but think that should some edict come down from Washington to begin firearms confiscation, it could look something like this, on a nationwide scale, there just aren't enough ninja wannabes to carry something like that out in short order.

Scary stuff.

Last edited:

palerider116

I was talking about these searches to my wife the other day... the fact that I was very uncomfortable with them. The issue of warrants came up what might happen if a homeowner demanded to see one before allowing the ninja dressed shock troops into his home. Watch this video disgusted me and a phrase came to mind. "This way to the trenches"... think Einsatzgruppen operating in Eastern Europe and the western USSR during WWII.

I also couldn't help but think that should some edict come down from Washington to begin firearms confiscation, it could look something like this, on a nationwide scale, there just aren't enough ninja wannabes to carry something like that out in short order.

Scary stuff.

Not enough ninjas even if everyone stayed. Many will leave. I shall leave.

Not enough body bags.

I suspect foreign troops will be used.

WalkingWolf

Scary stuff.

I have no doubt that a large number of firearms were probably confiscated.

wrearick

I can just imagine myself answering the door with my weapon openly carried on my hip in a holster, trying to assure these gentlemen that no armed bad guy was holding my family at gun point. - After watching that video does anyone doubt that I would have forcebly been disarmed (for the safety of the 30 some officers barging into my home), shoved to the ground, demands shouted at me to tell them if there were other firearms in the house and treated like the bad guy although with my lily white skin and grey hair I didn't match the description one it.

I don't know anyone with a firearm, whom upon hearing there was an armed terrorist running loose in the neighborhood, wouldn't strap on and prepare to defend their home. Who would have thought it would be from the police?!

Beretta92FSLady

I can just imagine myself answering the door with my weapon openly carried on my hip in a holster, trying to assure these gentlemen that no armed bad guy was holding my family at gun point. - After watching that video does anyone doubt that I would have forcebly been disarmed (for the safety of the 30 some officers barging into my home), shoved to the ground, demands shouted at me to tell them if there were other firearms in the house and treated like the bad guy although with my lily white skin and grey hair I didn't match the description one it.

I don't know anyone with a firearm, whom upon hearing there was an armed terrorist running loose in the neighborhood, wouldn't strap on and prepare to defend their home. Who would have thought it would be from the police?!

That happen to you? Wait, you're imagining what could happen, as opposed to what happened. I follow you though.

Of course firearm owners would be strapped. It appears, by what I've seen, and by considering the totality of information consumed, these two men were trained, and ready for a fight. I would be happy to look out my window and see officers on the streets looking for these guys, going door-to-door making sure there were no hostage situations...but that's just me.

WalkingWolf

That happen to you? Wait, you're imagining what could happen, as opposed to what happened. I follow you though.

Of course firearm owners would be strapped. It appears, by what I've seen, and by considering the totality of information consumed, these two men were trained, and ready for a fight. I would be happy to look out my window and see officers on the streets looking for these guys, going door-to-door making sure there were no hostage situations...but that's just me.

And yet they did not harm the 7-11 clerk, or the person they jacked the car from, or the boat owner. But during the shootout homes were riddled with police bullets. They were a strange pair of madmen, that they pulled of a horrible act that killed a child, but then showed restraint when encountering other citizens. On the other hand by the Dr's claim at the hospital the police shot every single portion of the older brothers body, indicating they continued shooting while he was down, and did as in the Dorner case most of the shooting with complete disregard for the citizens in the vicinity. I guess you would have been OK with the police using deadly force on you as they have in other cases when finding a citizen with a firearm?

Beretta92FSLady

And yet they did not harm the 7-11 clerk, or the person they jacked the car from, or the boat owner. But during the shootout homes were riddled with police bullets. They were a strange pair of madmen, that they pulled of a horrible act that killed a child, but then showed restraint when encountering other citizens. On the other hand by the Dr's claim at the hospital the police shot every single portion of the older brothers body, indicating they continued shooting while he was down, and did as in the Dorner case most of the shooting with complete disregard for the citizens in the vicinity. I guess you would have been OK with the police using deadly force on you as they have in other cases when finding a citizen with a firearm?

I wasn't aware that police used lethal force against armed citizens in Boston during the hectic week last week. Can you link me up to an article?

Also, I wasn't aware that you have the ability to read the minds of not only one, but all the officers on the street in Boston, returning fire. Are there any other things you discovered in your mind-meld with them?

WalkingWolf

I wasn't aware that police used lethal force against armed citizens in Boston during the hectic week last week. Can you link me up to an article?

Also, I wasn't aware that you have the ability to read the minds of not only one, but all the officers on the street in Boston, returning fire. Are there any other things you discovered in your mind-meld with them?

Police have used lethal force in enough situations upon innocent armed citizens. Plus you do not live in Boston, so tell me, have Seattle police ever shot a innocent person? How about if you were in Houston and in a wheel chair? Or they come to the wrong house, like they did with a man that committed no crimes and they shot him to death? Would you wear your gun? What do you think that would incur? Or maybe they would just take all your guns like they did in Katrina?

We do not know yet the extent of the people arrested, or who had their property seized during these searches. You can let them into YOUR home if you like, but they can bugger off when it comes to mine. You might want to get rid of any illegal substances because you never know when Seattle could be Boston.

And I have been in situations where I could not shoot for the safety of others. I got paid to put my life on the line, not to put the lives of innocent people on the line. But as a progressive I guess you are OK with risking the public's life, with the claim they are protecting it.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
?

I think that there are enough media out there to show that cops went up to peoples' doors and demanded entry onto their property ... I would include this is using "lethal force" ... just MO though ...

Beretta92FSLady

Police have used lethal force in enough situations upon innocent armed citizens. Plus you do not live in Boston, so tell me, have Seattle police ever shot a innocent person? How about if you were in Houston and in a wheel chair? Or they come to the wrong house, like they did with a man that committed no crimes and they shot him to death? Would you wear your gun? What do you think that would incur? Or maybe they would just take all your guns like they did in Katrina?

We do not know yet the extent of the people arrested, or who had their property seized during these searches. You can let them into YOUR home if you like, but they can bugger off when it comes to mine. You might want to get rid of any illegal substances because you never know when Seattle could be Boston.

And I have been in situations where I could not shoot for the safety of others. I got paid to put my life on the line, not to put the lives of innocent people on the line. But as a progressive I guess you are OK with risking the public's life, with the claim they are protecting it.

Your redirection is understandable. Yes, Seattle police has shot innocent people. Are you still looking for the article where a armed Bostonite were shot by police last week during the search for the two purported terrorists?

Police are not accountable to the Law the same as a citizen, when using lethal force.--you have apples, and you have oranges.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

I think that there are enough media out there to show that cops went up to peoples' doors and demanded entry onto their property ... I would include this is using "lethal force" ... just MO though ...

An officer coming to your door, knocking, asking if everything is kosher in the house=no terrorist, is using lethal force against you? What's the survival rate with that sort of lethal force...100%?

WalkingWolf

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

Having a gun helps with getting innocent young ladies to submit to a cavity search... But I imagine some progressives would think that was OK in order to catch a terrorist.

palerider116

Only you would compare the two.:rolleyes:

I'm watching Alex Jones right now...this guy is a freaking maniac LOL

I'm sure there others who would compare the two.

But the point is simple: the man in the bottom picture does not look like any of the suspects. Why is he stopped and identified? Is that an unreasonable question to ask?

We have identified suspects so let's identify everyone to make sure it isn't a disguise.

Yep. Sound.