• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry tools

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
ETA- post not directed at you grapeshot. At others that can't believe that this could happen to them also VERY easily - it just takes one phone call / conversation with a LEO apparently.

Not a problem - no misdirection presumed.

BTW - these entry level dash cams w/audio are now under $21.00
http://www.dhgate.com/cart/newcart.do?act=pageload

The inside of my truck may start to resemble a Batmobile, 3rd variant.
Remember, it isn't paranoia when it really happens.

Last edited:

jfmi

So, what kind of a cam is recommended for out of the car? I was thinking of a small one that can be clipped on the shirt neck or pocket or pants pocket/belt w/ removable SD Cards, or one for each and keeping spare SD Cards and charger for extended trips.

Sure I have Qik, but it is a battery hog and the screen can't be off when recording.

FreeInAZ

So, what kind of a cam is recommended for out of the car? I was thinking of a small one that can be clipped on the shirt neck or pocket or pants pocket/belt w/ removable SD Cards, or one for each and keeping spare SD Cards and charger for extended trips.

Sure I have Qik, but it is a battery hog and the screen can't be off when recording.

Ok - OVERT cameras ok to talk about on web open forum - here's an example some police even use this type. It is a place or something similar. http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro-Micro-Camcorder/dp/B0037P5CAI some of this type can be recharged on the fly using usb cable / car charger / laptop etc...

No STEALTH / COVERT cameras should ever be openly shown/posted/linked. (Use PMs) Why? Well they are your last line of defense against a looney citizen (liar) or officer shady pants should your smart phone be made retarded due to trauma or your clip cam / handy cam / super 8 cam ..:pbe taken etc. Let's not make it easy for them, ok?

DetroitBiker

PM sent.. the first one is small and cheap ,
second is bigger.. alot more expensive..But Very High Quality :)