Thread: "Guntucky"

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

"Guntucky"

Anyone else watch "guntucky" on CMT tonight?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

"Guntucky"

Wow. Speechless.

Re: "Guntucky"

Missed it. Thoughts/opinions? Is it worth tuning in for the next eposode if there is one?

Yea the wife wanted to see it, I thought it was rather boring. But then watching tv about guns is not as fun as actually shooting them.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Missed it. Thoughts/opinions? Is it worth tuning in for the next eposode if there is one?
    I didn't like it. It is just another scripted "reality" show.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I didn't like it. It is just another scripted "reality" show.
    So is our current white house...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I liked the educational value of it. That's the same reason that I like Pawn Stars. You learn something here and there. I know that it's scripted, but what isn't? I would rather see a scripted pro-gun show than I would a true reality show of camera crews following around "concerned moms, community leaders, hippies and liberals" that are on a mission to "end gun violence."
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

meh, Needs to be more shooting and education/information about laws and guns and less scripted drama and washing skidmarks from grandpa's underwear.

When they were showing off the South African Stiker, I wish they would have talked about the legality and the process needed to purchase/own such a device.
    Last edited by flb_78; 04-22-2013 at 06:08 PM.

If you missed it, you can watch the first episode online on CMT's site.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/guntucky-1...-episode.jhtml

I was watching CMT while in the dentists chair today. They let me use my ear buds to listen to the TV, and when it came on, I kept interrupting the dentist just so I could 'face palm' at every inconsistency, and trip-up that I saw. After a few minutes, I took the ear buds out, as I sincerely preferred the sound of my Dentist drilling a root canal on my lower left back molar, than to listen to that show any further.

On the bright side of things, I have a nice white cap on my back tooth, sadly is the only tooth in my mouth that is ungodly pure white... everything else is yellow and coffee stained LOL.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

"Guntucky"

Yea its pretty bad. Looks like they made them clean up knob creek. Doesnt look like a dump as it once did.

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    meh, Needs to be more shooting and education/information about laws and guns and less scripted drama and washing skidmarks from grandpa's underwear.

When they were showing off the South African Stiker, I wish they would have talked about the legality and the process needed to purchase/own such a device.
    I would like to see more of that, too. I knew before watching that they would portray KY. in a poor light. Just like they do with turtle man. But maybe future shows will be more educational and less nonsense.

n.

i watched it and it was ok i thought, not as good as sons of guns or wild west alaska but its a show about guns. if its about guns i'll watch it, beats seeing most other stuff on tv.