• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Pledge

eye95

If you agree with the following pledge, please indicate so by posting that assent in this thread.

"I hereby pledge that if militarized police attempt in my city that which they tried on Boston on Patriot's Day, 2013, I will not stay indoors, I will not consent to their entry into my home, I will not consent to any search of my home, I will record the usurpation of the rights of thousands or millions, I will broadcast that recording as widely as possible, and I will not consent to the seizure of my person that will surely result.

I pledge not to allow our government to militaristically trample the rights of the People of my city the way the people of Boston meekly, and to their everlasting shame, did.
"

What happened on Patriot's Day in Boston is the worst crime our government has yet perpetrated on its citizenry. The people of Boston won't do anything about it. The rest of the People must! Take the pledge. If this happens again, it will not be because I allowed it!!!

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was going to say something about there being no need to be thumping our chests and roaring about how big&bad we are going to be. But then I realized that might be seen as insensitive. So I will not say something about there being no need to be thumping our chests and roaring about how big&bad we are going to be.

:p

If I'm not already on several .gov watch lists and ID'd as one of the ones to be rounded up and sent to a camp during the first AKtion then I have been doing it wrong for quite some time.

Wolverines? Meh. I've got a word that strikes terror in the heart of even the most jackbooted bureaucrat - skidmark!

stay safe.

Steeler-gal

Um ... Patriots Day was April 15 NOT the day the city was locked down while they looked for the terrorists.

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

eye95

I don't see it as being big and bad. I see it as being disgusted by the sheepish behavior of the people in Boston and a promise not to go sheepishly along with such mass violations of rights as happened in Boston.

Is there anyone else who will not tolerate such a gross overstep by the police?

It's OK if there is not.

Resto Guy

I admit I have not searched, but is anyone here aware of the Boston area media reporting resident's complaints? Anything that shows Boston residents coming together to complain about what went down at these homes?
To any of us who thought our troops would not forcibly enter U.S. homes and take part in weapons confiscation, that they would never violate the U.S. Constitution under orders, I hope your eyes have been opened. Mine certainly have.
God help us.

Freedom First

I don't see it as being big and bad. I see it as being disgusted by the sheepish behavior of the people in Boston and a promise not to go sheepishly along with such mass violations of rights as happened in Boston.

It's OK if there is not.

As time passes, I keep finding myself in agreement with you more and more. I'm not sure that bodes well for you my friend... ;P

My house is my castle. Knock nicely and we can talk. Beat on my door and demand entrance? Not so much.

I raised a similar point on another forum. What would the Founders do? Or a better question: What would the Founder expect us to do?

My answer: They would have called out the local militia to search their own properties and secure their own families. No need for a lightly disguised army of occupation to come marching in when the people are engaged in their own defense.

Steeler-gal

I admit I have not searched, but is anyone here aware of the Boston area media reporting resident's complaints? Anything that shows Boston residents coming together to complain about what went down at these homes?
To any of us who thought our troops would not forcibly enter U.S. homes and take part in weapons confiscation, that they would never violate the U.S. Constitution under orders, I hope your eyes have been opened. Mine certainly have.
God help us.

I've been wondering this same thing.

I've seen it written on other forums about guns being confiscated during these searches but does anyone know or heard if any confiscation that happened in Boston?

Brimstone Baritone

I will cooperate with any lawful police action to the fullest extent required by Alabama law. Which is to say, no. I will not willingly allow what went on in Boston to happen in my home. This isn't chest-thumping, just a simple statement of intention.

davidmcbeth

Banned

It's OK if there is not.

sounds like you are advocating people filing notices of trespasses with local, state, and federal governments .... now who's crazy?

eye95

sounds like you are advocating people filing notices of trespasses with local, state, and federal governments .... now who's crazy?

I am advocating no such thing.

I will not respond to you on-topic as your silliness is not worth my time or effort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

It's OK if there is not.

If you walk the walk there is no need to talk the talk.

stay safe.

eye95

If you walk the walk there is no need to talk the talk.

stay safe.

I disagree. Or maybe we should close the doors on OCDO?

Shout your beliefs before you have to put them into actions. That is kinda the OC of Free Speech. Let 'em know in advance what your intentions are and, just maybe, you don't have to put those intentions into action.

Freedom First

Shout your beliefs before you have to put them into actions. That is kinda the OC of Free Speech. Let 'em know in advance what your intentions are and, just maybe, you don't have to put those intentions into action.

Again, I agree... Weird.

That's why we have lost so much ground to the left, we tend to wait until trampled and then we complain. They bitch right up front, make a ruckus, then run over the rest of us who, well mannered folks that we are, never would act in the same manner.

That's why I stand today with folks like Mike Vanderbaugh over at Sipsey Street Irregulars. He's laying the battle lines very clearly.

[video=youtube;XkjLlZu9uno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XkjLlZu9uno[/video]

III

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

I agree. B92FSL loved to tell people to "put up or shut up". What that really means is just "shut up".

I am disgusted, btw, at those members who have seen fit to utter a single syllable in defense of the completely unjustifiable actions of the Boston Police. Even if it's devil's advocate – this is not the time and place to argue hypotheticals. We have real, wholesale violation of right, and there's nothing defensible about it.

You know who you are: repulsive, brainless apologists for the state. Go find a progressive forum to post on.

Last edited:

Freedom First

My dear wife posted her opinion on the 4A violations going on in Boston and she was shocked by the response by her friends. Most sided with the media driven story of a need for these illegal actions. Some were shocked by her anti-state viewpoint in actually siding with the Rights of the people to be secure in their homes from unreasonable searches. Her posting turned into a painful reality check on the state of the masses here in America.

I have zero tolerance for those who would preach to me about special circumstances because of a single criminal loose in an area. If the people were armed and competent then there would be little to fear. They would find him and the problem would be solved. Another fine case can be made here for the existence of the local constitutional militia. Who needs DHS when you have 25% of the local population under arms and proper authority? Just sayin'.

We, as a people who understand our Rights, are running short of ground to surrender to the fascist thugs in DC. They push and we give ground. Sure, the senate failed to pass a law but we have lost two more states to the gun control regime. Time is short. Stand up and be counted while time exists.