• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member To The Site

Dominique21

Hello guys I'm Dominique m from " Selma Nc" I have found your site
Searching around, I plan on getting my first handgun on my 21th birthday which is
May 11th so its not far. Anyone know how I can get started on learning about OC laws in Selma nc?
Any help I get il be happy enough to receive

Sorcice

Welcome! If you head to the NC subforum they can help you out a lot with that states carry regulations. Also, when you get about 50 minutes free take a look at this vid. It goes over the basics of not talking to police. Ever.

http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

Cheers!

-sorcice

Dominique21

Thanks for replying back to the thread guys im glad to meet some people that like to express there rights, although i never had to but open carry is the first thing
that comes to mind because ive already wanted to buy a hand gun sense i was 19 and ive seen some amazing youtube videos about there rights so i know ima fit right in this
site because im going to learn so much

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO.

Double +1 on going over to the NC forum and on getting acquainted with GRNC.

Watching the "don't talk to the cops" video is good training, but needs a small bit of thinking instead of taking as an absolutely absolute practice.

Read up on what's been said - especially in case law - about NC's GTTTOTP law - it is not as horrific as folks want to make it and yes, cops will misuse/abuse it.

Which brings me to: go buy a digital voice recorder that easily syncs to your computer. Turn it on and carry it on you from when you get up until you go to bed, or at least from just before you go out the door until just after you come back and shut the door. Yes, taking the trash out needs to be recorded - what if you are ambushed by trash theives who threaten your life if you do not hand over yesterday's pizza box?

If you cannot find an OC meet&greet near you consider setting one up yourself. All it takes is finding a location tat will not throw you out/call the cops, picking a date/time, and posting it in the NC forum. If only you show up at the firtst one do jot be discouraged. Write up an AAR (After Action Report) telling what a good time you had and then schedule another one. Eventually someone else will show up, and then you can both post about the good time you had. After that everybody (well, some more folks) will want to come and see what's going on.

stay safe.