Thread: Great OC Day at the libertarian State Convention April 20th 2013

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Great OC Day at the libertarian State Convention April 20th 2013

The day started the night before.

There was a premixer at Skylarks Hidden Cafe in Fairhaven, Dave Wordinger and myself were open carrying and hanging out with the national Executive Director of the party and Robin Koerner who is a very libertarian minded writer for the Huffington post and all the other fine liberty minded libertarians.

Saturday was a very busy day again there are 3 Libertarians that OC on a regular bases, Wordinger, Sands and I. John came and set up the OC table at the beginning of lunch, and he too was OC of course, Orange is Faster came way out of his way to the convention to hear me speak and helped John out at the booth. By the end of the day we had 10 or more OC'ers many who were concealing decided to exercise their fundamental rights Openly! Congrats to all!

I open carried as I spoke to the crowd, I talked about how OC is the most libertarian method of exercising your right, since lets face it if we are asking the government permission to do anything, marry, work, or travel they no longer consider it a right. My thesis for my talk was that the Right to Bear Arms is a fundamental natural right and is only just an extension of a right we have without arms, resist oppression. Was able to give a brief history of this right, the meaning of 2A, examples of what happens when societies are disarmed and how arms have protected people. The response I received was very positive.

MSGLagae and Orange is Faster at the OC Table.....this was the brief moment it had only one person at it...I would say they were the busiest table there.

Myself with 2012 Vice President Candidate Judge Jim Gray.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    ...fine liberty minded libertarians.
    The only kind I invite to my parties.

I knew I should have gone to this event

Re: Great OC Day at the libertarian State Convention April 20th 2013

Looks like a good time was had by all. Glad to hear/read the OCDO table got a lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    The only kind I invite to my parties.
    Yep, I even mentioned being called so called names here, the next day at the SEC meeting, more than half the the people there called themselves anarchist.....I'd like to think my speech helped on that...

Quote Originally Posted by acmariner99 View Post
    I knew I should have gone to this event
    Yes you should have, 3 times as many people as last year. Great speaker session. If you want to know about joining or being part of a rising movement PM me we need more freedom fighters.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I had a great time. I like to remind People the default manner of carry in Washington State is Open Carry (no permit required).
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Great OC Day at the libertarian State Convention April 20th 2013

I wish I could have been there.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I had a great time. I like to remind People the default manner of carry in Washington State is Open Carry (no permit required).
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    I wish I could have been there.
    Me too.