• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Way Shootout, 5 dead including shooter

EMNofSeattle

Last night in Federal Way it appears officers responded to calls of gunfire at a Fed Way Apartment complex, they got in a gun battle with a suspect, killing him.

8 officers are on paid administrative leave, 5 total confirmed dead.

"We're gonna continue to go door to door in hopes that we can find some additional witnesses, and hopefully we won't be finding any more victims." Schrock said.
Eight Federal Way Police officers are on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure after an officer-involved shooting.
Federal Way is about 20 miles south of Seattle.

acmariner99

I saw that all over local and national news networks this morning. The gun grabbers are already wanting to dance in their blood to further their agenda.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Last night in Federal Way it appears officers responded to calls of gunfire at a Fed Way Apartment complex, they got in a gun battle with a suspect, killing him.

8 officers are on paid administrative leave, 5 total confirmed dead.

No '"gun battle with a suspect" was claimed.
They did claim that the bad guy "reached for his gun", Sooo they shot him, dead.
They,,, the news, have never said that a gun was found?????

Defrock

I lived in Federal Way for 6 months. There was a shot fired behind my apartment and one person was hit in the leg. I'm not surprised by this in the least and wish I was armed when I lived there in the late 90's.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

No '"gun battle with a suspect" was claimed.
They did claim that the bad guy "reached for his gun", Sooo they shot him, dead.
They,,, the news, have never said that a gun was found?????

well that's what the article claimed when I first found it, it seems to have been updated since I posted the thread.

Why do you quote me, but not address the point of my post?

I wish you and other readers to take note that the news folks
did NOT report that a gun was "actually" found!!!

EMNofSeattle

And? Since when is the news media accurate on anything, especially reporting on gun-related news?

KOMO article has more detail (if you will) than KING:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ed-to-rampage-that-left-5-dead-204146351.html

Wilson said the gunman also used a shotgun to blast open the door and murder a 61-year-old man inside a neighboring apartment after the man who lived there yelled for someone to call 911 to report the initial gunshots.

damn, what's Joe Biden going to say about that?

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Sooo OK, he had "previous domestic violance convictions",,, but was still "allowed to carry concealed weapons"????
But the law didnt stop him from killing ,,, people...
But I still ask, where are the reports of the gun that should have been found and reported,
And now A SHOTGUN that should have been found?
These TWO guns should have been found, AND, they should have been reported by the ,,,NEWS!!

EMNofSeattle

Sooo OK, he had "previous domestic violance convictions",,, but was still "allowed to carry concealed weapons"????
But I still ask, where are the reports of the gun that should have been found and reported,
These TWO guns should have been found, AND, they should have been reported by the ,,,NEWS!!

the news says

The man had a history of domestic violence incidents in Seattle and Federal Way

doesn't say he was convicted. only that there were "incidents." Sounds to me like the police have contacted this guy several times before and never were able to make charges stick....

i want to wait until we see exactly who this guy is....

ak56

Campaign Veteran

From the KOMO article:
The man had a history of domestic disputes in Seattle and Federal Way, but they did not result in criminal charges

No convictions

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Having a rough day Defnder? Really it is of little consequence that a gun was reported being found or not!
No one said in the story about mode of carry (open or concealed) but he clerly had a pistol and a shotgun and used them to kill other humans...

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Meh....

Sooo no convictions,
Got me their, Wow!

He seems to be an OK kind of dude.

Maybe I miss speeked, I really dont even really think,,, In my brain, or in my mind.

Watsa point?
Who,,, will report: that "a/the" gun has been found at the scene!????

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Meh....

Sooo no convictions,
Got me their, Wow!

He seems to be an OK kind of dude.

Maybe I miss speeked, I really dont even really think,,, In my brain, or in my mind.

Watsa point?
Who,,, will report: that "a/the" gun has been found at the scene!????

Do you mean to whom it will be reported to? To the Detectives, Prosecutors, Defense Attorney, Judge and/or Jury and if you call and give them your phone number and asked really nicely, nah just kidding.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Having a rough day Defnder? Really it is of little consequence that a gun was reported being found or not!
No one said in the story about mode of carry (open or concealed) but he clerly had a pistol and a shotgun and used them to kill other humans...

Thanks for calling me out by name!

Should WE care if a gun is found at a shooting?
Do we expect an acurate accounting of the evidence that is found, should it be complete?

Sorry for the delay.... I think I Must have fell asleep... It was realnice....

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Thanks for calling me out by name!
Should WE care if a gun is found at a shooting?
Do we expect an acurate accounting of the evidence that is found, should it be complete?
Sorry for the delay.... I think I Must have fell asleep... It was realnice....

Calling you out??? I was responding to your post, nothing more nothing less.